News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You guessed it...another fuzz

Started by flanagan0718, September 05, 2017, 06:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey All,
     Well you're probably sick of me and my fuzz PCBs buy now but I did another one. This is a clone of the DBA Harmonic Transformer. Its a VERY cool fuzz with 1 knob and two switches. The knob controls the amount of fuzz and the switches control Intensity and Shape. It seems like a one trick pony but it is very versatile.

I got my 3 spot from Oshpark a couple days ago so I will try to populate and test one of them this week. Here is what the PCB looks like (see below). If there is enough interest I could do a group buy or order a 10 pack or something. If anyone see's issues with the PCB feel free to post them. Also if you want one let me know that way I gear up to do an Elecrow order.

It is designed to fit into a 1590b. Thanks for looking guys!

-Mike-

Luke51411

Sick of fuzz pcbs said no builder ever

flanagan0718

Betty Wont

CurlyMo

Quote from: Luke51411 on September 05, 2017, 06:57:27 AM
Sick of fuzz pcbs said no builder ever
So much truth!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

flanagan0718

Populated and tested. Fuzzes like mad! It's a little noisy but I'm pretty sure that's just due to it not being boxed right now.

claytushaywood

id be down- but does it sound like the original?  I've had so many problems (and so have a lot of other people) trying to clone DBA pedals- especially their fuzz circuits.  Ive done the robot nicely.  A lot of people have done the reverb and their echo dream.  but stuff like the apocalypse, fuzz war, interstellar overdriver etc.

so yeh id love to try it if youve really compared it to the original (even over video)-

m-Kresol

they generally use a lot of borderline spec'ed transistors for their drive circuits. They are hard to find, but can be replaced for some of their circuits.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718

I have compared it to the video and DMinner also said that it sounds pretty close if not the same. It's noisy, glitchy and massive sounding I'll post a video tomorrow.

The transistors are pretty interchangeable. You can get an array of different sounds out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dminner

I need to build one and I can do a side-by-side comparison.  I have a vast array of old DBA stuff at home and I have the old big box original.  I am kind of a DBA addict.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Dminner on October 11, 2017, 08:24:34 AM
I need to build one and I can do a side-by-side comparison.  I have a vast array of old DBA stuff at home and I have the old big box original.  I am kind of a DBA addict.

Any one who has seen your IG feed would say addict is an understatement LOL

287m

Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 11, 2017, 09:09:22 AM
Any one who has seen your IG feed would say addict is an understatement LOL

another OOT, about IG
i just remember here or in diysb, a thread link to IG account forum member
but i cant found.

maybe you guys have list IG diy-er?
thanks

flanagan0718

Quote from: 287m on October 11, 2017, 09:44:32 AM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 11, 2017, 09:09:22 AM