News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

X-Vibe (Brejna's Pangea) - Reboxed

Started by Bret608, September 05, 2017, 12:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi all! The Pangea was my biggest project last year, but I realized not long after building it that the 1790NS I used was just not quite deep enough to accomodate the in/out jacks above the board, even though they were the Lumberg mini-type. The jacks were basically sitting on top of the board, and since I had had to elongate those holes with a file to get them even to that point (since the drill template I sent to PPP was off a bit), I was worried about long-term reliability or damage to the board. So, I stared off this year by finally learning to drill boxes on my own. Strangely enough, it went even better than my second attempt, my recent OD-855 clone. This time I used a Hammond 1590X, which PPP kindly special ordered for me. This box is deep enough to accommodate enclosed Switchcraft jacks, so it's a highly recommended alternative for anyone building this. I also went with shielded wire this time since I've been getting some RF interference through the pedal. Turns out it's not really the pedals fault, so that problem is not entirely cured. See my thread under Amp Building!  :P

jubal81

Nice follow through!
Looks super clean inside. wow
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Luke51411

brejna

Awesome job!

Poslano sa mog LG-H502 koristeći Tapatalk

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Thanks! I hope all of you know how much your OCD has rubbed off on me over the years and pushed me to do better. My wiring has gotten steadily better, but enclosure finishing has really been a hurdle I've been slow to get over. At some point I've got to either get more skilled with the waterslides and rattlecan or find a better solution.

Boba7

Beautiful! Myself I prefer not to think too much about enclosures, as I'm sure I would spend way too much time and money getting them right... :D A few stamps and some coat and that's it.

I really love the artwork and color on yours. Great job.