News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bertrand is out to play

Started by madbean, September 06, 2017, 09:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

That bass looks sweet Brian! I've got two jazz basses standing at the ready but don't play them a lot. Walking on the Moon once a week though, just because it makes me smile.

movinginslomo

madbean

Quote from: movinginslomo on September 08, 2017, 05:13:58 PM
You rock an e-mu x-board too?

I got it for a great deal back when I lived in Austin (I think I paid $100 for it?). It's actually perfect for using with VST. Midi and power run through USB so it's quite convenient.

gordo

I haven't seen an old Guild in ages.  Those were WAY under the radar at the time and yours looks like it's aged very well.  Very cool.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Kinda gassing hard on a Starfire IV electric now. I love the bass so much it seems like the perfect compliment. Anyone own one of these? Not into the Bigsby but the fixed bridge version seems right for me.

http://guildguitars.com/g/starfire-iv/

madbean

Well, I finally relented. Ordered a Starfire V. Expect to see things for sale in the BST section soon so I can ease my guilty conscience, haha.

I went to Guitar Center in Nashville with gear in hand to trade in but the one they had there was in seriously shitty condition. Electronics broken, caked in dust and missing a strap button. I wouldn't buy that even at half price. But, it played so very well and just felt right in my hands.

madbean

Pics of the incoming guitar. The blem is so minute I can't see it bothering me...esp. when I'm saving $120 off the list price (yay, Sweetwater).

jimilee

Very nice. I've been into the semi hollow bodies lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesameage

I have the Lakeland version of this bass. Really great all around sound. You would think it would be a 1 trick pony.