News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mimik+ detune external LFO options

Started by Luke51411, September 07, 2017, 05:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

At first I thought I would just add the out portion of the circuit to try out with the taptation, manual control, or build an lfo box but I decided... features are nice! So I perfed the detune circuit from the multiplex echo. The toggle switch allows you to turn the detune led off when no external is connected to give the longest possible delay times. If I had to do it over I would play with it a bit more to make the led dim a tiny bit faster and go bright a bit slower. If I ever get around to learning to layout pcbs I imagine a tweakable version of the detune circuit will be one of the first I do. I just used a red LED and tayda ldr which gives nice results! a bit shimmery on the up tune and dark on the down. I went with a latching stomp for the detune so that it could also effectively toggle between two different lengths of delay.

The modding caused a bit of a spaghetti mess...

stringsthings

Very nice!  I really like the lettering.  I might have to give stamps a try someday.
All You Need Is Love

Luke51411

Quote from: stringsthings on September 07, 2017, 08:43:46 PM
Very nice!  I really like the lettering.  I might have to give stamps a try someday.
Definitely! It takes a bit to figure out how to get the clearest letters with alcohol is no anyway. It's fairly time consuming but I find it relaxing.

Boba7

Nice!! How many pedals have you built in the past weeks??! :D

I think I really want a soundclip of that pedal!

Luke51411

Quote from: Boba7 on September 08, 2017, 04:33:16 AM
Nice!! How many pedals have you built in the past weeks??! :D

I think I really want a soundclip of that pedal!
Well, I've finished like 7 or 8 with more coming soon. Most of them were in work for quite a while before that though. I got a lot done over Labor Day weekend.

claytushaywood

Quote from: Luke51411 on September 07, 2017, 05:10:16 PM
At first I thought I would just add the out portion of the circuit to try out with the taptation, manual control, or build an lfo box but I decided... features are nice! So I perfed the detune circuit from the multiplex echo. The toggle switch allows you to turn the detune led off when no external is connected to give the longest possible delay times. If I had to do it over I would play with it a bit more to make the led dim a tiny bit faster and go bright a bit slower. If I ever get around to learning to layout pcbs I imagine a tweakable version of the detune circuit will be one of the first I do. I just used a red LED and tayda ldr which gives nice results! a bit shimmery on the up tune and dark on the down. I went with a latching stomp for the detune so that it could also effectively toggle between two different lengths of delay.

The modding caused a bit of a spaghetti mess...

very cool!  so you just cut out the circuit block of the multiplex and connected it to your delay pot with a switch in between.  i know you can modify how fast and slow it speeds up and slows back down... but what is the difference in final delay time with your latching switch?  i guess I was under the impression it just kept getting faster and faster as you held down the momentary.

and I guess you just connect the LDR (like pins 6 and 4 of h11f1 in schematic) to the delay pot  and the led (pin 1 and 2 of h11f1) connects to the rest of the circuit

thanks so much!  this is such a great modulation circuit if you can tune it right!

287m

holy crap, im jealous
why? maybe because (almost) never have good sound in delay with all MLCC

nice build man.

Luke51411

Clatushaywood, sorry I just saw your post. Yeah I just replaced the h11f1 with a red led and ldr (i believe tayda variety) I put this actual led on a switch hooked to a jack so it can be controlled by an outside source such as tapanator (though thats pretty wacky with the ldr i have in there now). As to delay time it onl speeds up or slows down until the led is full bright or full dim. The bright setting goes to a really short delay that varies slightly depending on the time pot. The led dim time will change a lot depending on the time pot. The way I think of it is the delay time control sets the longest possible delay so its best to set with the led at the dim setting. Make sense?