Main Menu

JHS BOSS collab

Started by artstomp, September 08, 2017, 03:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

..what are your thoughts about this...
https://youtu.be/txuOROqif7Q

selfdestroyer

I wonder if Boss knows about this.......

BOOM!

Cody

pickdropper

It's an odd marriage, but if it works for everybody, more power to 'em.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

somnif

Well, at least its not 900$ like Boss's last stunt.....

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 08, 2017, 04:31:49 PM

BOOM!

Cody
*high five*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on September 08, 2017, 05:19:33 PM

BOOM!

Cody
*high five*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best post for today.

mattc

icecycle66

Dang.  Good for him. For all the JHS BS, this is essentially getting called up to the majors from AAA ball.

That being said, it's just stacking ODs. and using a fancy switching idea we've all done before.
The difference is placement and access.

Josh did whatever it took to place himself so that he could have access to the powers that be to get into this position to be able to sit next to the king (Boss).  That's the market, and good on him for getting it done.

somnif

So if I'm reading this correctly its an MI Audio Crunch Box JHS Angry Charlie (sorry, forgot about that extra cap) in line with a Blues Driver?

Well, at least at 200$ you're saving money over buying both pedals separately. That's something.

Willybomb

Watching some of the reviews it actually sounds pretty good.  No big fan of JHS at all, but the two drives are a good combo.  I've been wanting to build a Blues Driver...

juansolo

BOOM!

Cody

You're a bad man, LOL!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

The start of that vid was like a making off documentary of a new Hollywood blockbuster, where all the actors and directors blow smoke up each other's ass, for all being so great and wonderful and stuff.

Rockhorst

I've always been impressed by Boss' engineering. They are proper engineers and their biggest asset also their Achilles heel. From what I hear through the grapevine the company is struggling and looking to reinvent itself, but doesn't really know how. This seems to be the latest attempt, and it's quite smart. They are piggybacking on the booteek name of JHS which gets street cred for true bypass switching and other stuff that Boss doesn't understand why people would ever want it (because to Boss that is electronically just a very bad idea). JHS on the other hand gets launched into stratosphere as a big player.

So in all this is a partnership for mutual benefit: Boss benefits just as much as JHS. Boss is out of touch with the market and that is what JHS brings to the table.

movinginslomo

MXR has done some collabs, if I am not mistaken. Not a huge big deal to me. Some people see Josh as a ripoff artist, I personally don't care, the stuff he makes is quality, reguardless of who he "stole" from. If BOSS wants to diversify and collab, why not.

culturejam

All I know is that the MI Audio guy has to be mad about this.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects