News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reverse Engineered Centaur

Started by pickdropper, September 08, 2017, 11:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Testing time.  I'm trying to give Cody a run on awesome basement carpeting, but I know I fell short.

This is the only proper way to test a Reverse Centaur.  Five of them on in a row (it sounds terrible, btw).

I think that's it.  I've started shipping them off and await responses from everybody.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: EBK on October 18, 2017, 07:17:17 PM
You were so close to making the board centaur-shaped.

Ha!  I didn't even think of that.
Function f(x)

EBK

That chain is so centauripede creepy.... :o
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

cajone5

Wow -- only now just going through this thread.  Seriously awesome stuff.  Love it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Where are you putting these up for sale? Interested...  ;D

m-Kresol

still pretty much the best pedal related joke I've ever seen. Coupled with execution and functionality this is a winner for sure!

Just realized one thing: did you wire it for true bypass? If not, why would you use 3PDT stomps? don't tell me it's because of the reverse engineering..
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 18, 2017, 07:51:46 PM
Where are you putting these up for sale? Interested...  ;D

I wasn't originally planning on making any for sale nor did I do any advertising.  Folks contacted me directly.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 18, 2017, 08:12:28 PM
still pretty much the best pedal related joke I've ever seen. Coupled with execution and functionality this is a winner for sure!

Just realized one thing: did you wire it for true bypass? If not, why would you use 3PDT stomps? don't tell me it's because of the reverse engineering..

I'm only using 2/3 of the switch.  I could've left the left-most column unsoldered but that would've destroyed my psyche from an OCD standpoint.
Function f(x)

jimilee

That's awesome man. I've sold so many, it's just nuts. I kept building them for myself and folks just kept asking about them. Generally I don't build for sale purposes, but everyone is still snowed by the unobtanium factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

Quote from: pickdropper on October 18, 2017, 08:29:37 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on October 18, 2017, 08:12:28 PM

I'm only using 2/3 of the switch.  I could've left the left-most column unsoldered but that would've destroyed my psyche from an OCD standpoint.

I see. I still prefer 2PDT switches for click feeling and sturdiness. It's funny how many of us have (light) OCD when it comes to pedal guts. I think this is part of the reason for all the clean builds these days
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

mrclean77

Will there ever be a satirical pedal graphic I like more than this one?

Doubt it.

Rockhorst

Quote from: pickdropper on October 18, 2017, 07:15:51 PM
Time to backfill the etch with ink.  I do this under a microscope with a syringe and an extra fine 30 gauge tip.  Here is what it looks like partially inked.
I'm sorry, you do what now :o? Maaaaaan, the dedication...impressive 8)

pickdropper

Quote from: Rockhorst on October 19, 2017, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on October 18, 2017, 07:15:51 PM
Time to backfill the etch with ink.  I do this under a microscope with a syringe and an extra fine 30 gauge tip.  Here is what it looks like partially inked.
I'm sorry, you do what now :o? Maaaaaan, the dedication...impressive 8)

While I'm pleased with the results, it's admittedly not my favorite process.
Function f(x)

Leevibe

Late to the party on this. Funniest pedal graphic I remember ever seeing. Then, the build quality is over the top, then making a production run out of it. The ink process is so impressive. I can't believe they are so consistent. I think you may have just made something highly collectible. Would that be ironic?

EBK

I bet that one with the black knobs sounds darker than the ones with oxblood knobs.  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber