News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The $15 3PDT (video)

Started by jubal81, September 11, 2017, 03:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Saw these DeMont 3PDTs mentioned on here and thought I'd give one a go and it's very sweet indeed. Solder cups are a breeze to work with and the actuation is almost like a momentary switch with a small about of actuation click.

Only downside of course, they're $15 each.  :'(

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

chordball

I was wondering about that too. Thanks for the video. I still think optical bypass is the way to go for the price but those do seem nice! Where did you buy them?

edit: I found a few places to purchase them. Not sure why I couldn't find them before. ???

somnif

Ah just like the old days when I first started playing with this hobby, when if you wanted an indicator LED you needed to spend 20$ on a switch, or use a millennium bypass.

Very fancy, though admittedly I can think of very few situations when I could justify the added expense.

chuckd666

They look like Alphas and sound like they have a similar throw. Personally I'd prefer to make up a small Millenium bypass (there's some tiny and cheap OSH Park projects available) and get some Alpha DPDTs. Probably amounts to about $10 all up. This product is a good innovation though.

oip

cheapy tayda 3PDT hurt my feelings every time i have to loudly stomp

but i don't know if they hurt my feelings to the tune of $15 a (non?) pop.  would be really nice though.  maybe for best in class 'keeper' pedals.