News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dimension-C in a 1590B

Started by EBK, September 11, 2017, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

if you feel the chorus is too loud, replace R9 with a 100k trimmer and dial it down

but of course you would have to take it apart a bit to do that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

EBK

Quote from: LaceSensor on October 03, 2017, 04:06:08 PM
if you feel the chorus is too loud, replace R9 with a 100k trimmer and dial it down

but of course you would have to take it apart a bit to do that  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mine seemed ok to me (stock bypass).  Just ever-so-slightly louder (not even something I'd call louder, per se), realistically like a second guitar just joined in.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Wow, I really suck at finishing things!
Was originally going to laser etch this, but decided to try a decal instead.  Some roughness on the edges, but not too bad.

Left some water on it in my hurry to take a picture.   ::)

I still have a chance to mess this up. 

Edit:  A dry pic:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Adam_DIY

EBK

Quote from: Adam_MD on June 27, 2019, 12:28:28 PM
Love this thread
Glad you like it.   :)

Update: So I cut the holes, and it did not go perfectly, but I have a nice solution.  The LED hole got crappy white edges like the stomp switch in this pic, but I have some modular furniture shelf pin sleeve grommets (basically eyelets) left over from my Theremin Fuzz build.

Aentons

Very cool. How you get the white letters? What kind of decal is that?

EBK

Quote from: Aentons on June 28, 2019, 06:14:48 PM
Very cool. How you get the white letters? What kind of decal is that?
It's a white decal, inverse printed, i.e., I matched the cobalt blue through trial and error.  Color laser printer.

This is the specific product:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WTL24B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Y0RfDbZCX01Q3

alanp

I like the detailing with the output jacks' writing slowly dividing
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Quote from: alanp on June 28, 2019, 10:36:57 PM
I like the detailing with the output jacks' writing slowly dividing
I had to label which jack was stereo somehow.   ;)

Glad you like it.

EBK

MAJOR setback with this project:

No idea how this happened.  The finish seemed so stable for so many weeks up until now.  :'(

alanp

That looks like ice crystals, so cool :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aentons

It does look pretty cool like that... Is that in the clear coat, or did it fall into your vat of meth? :)

gordo

That's very strange.  I've had that happen but not weeks down the road.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Quote from: alanp on August 19, 2019, 06:01:16 AM
That looks like ice crystals, so cool :)
I wonder if I can remove this with an ice scraper.  (I might actually try something like that to salvage this.)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: EBK on August 19, 2019, 05:45:07 AM
MAJOR setback with this project:

No idea how this happened.  The finish seemed so stable for so many weeks up until now.  :'(

Is that a painted enclosure or is it powder coated?

If it is painted, did you use an enamel based paint and then try to clear it with lacquer? That would explain those results.