News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4-knob Mini Rat

Started by pickdropper, September 11, 2017, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This isn't my cleanest enclosure work as I was out of the normal black enclosures I used, so I used one of the Tayda ones I had kicking around.  They are mechanically solid, but they really laser etch kind of weird.  The finish is uneven and rippled as well.  But they are less expensive, so if the finish issues aren't bothersome, they are fine.

This is a bit of a tight fit, with the four knobs and a side toggle switch, but it does get in there.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Adam_DIY

Wow that looks fantastic.  What do you use to laser etch enclosures?

somnif

You know, one of these days, someone will send you a 1790NS just to see your head explode with options when given the concept of "space".

Either that or watch in bafflement as you stick a 1 knob boost in the middle of it to be contrary....

(And as always, astonishing work)

alanp

Flick 'im a 1550G. That'll fix 'im.

PD, any chance you could post a picture of your very first build, with messy wires, just to make the rest of us feel a bit better? :) All this perfection on your part makes me, at least, feel very inadequate :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Adam_DIY

Quote from: alanp on September 12, 2017, 12:38:59 AM

PD, any chance you could post a picture of your very first build, with messy wires, just to make the rest of us feel a bit better? :) All this perfection on your part makes me, at least, feel very inadequate :D

Right I was worried I was the only one feeing inadequate

Boba7

Ha ha I'd love to see that too!! :D

That's absolutely magnificent once again. What a piece of art.

I too feel inadequate.

flanagan0718

Great build. Love the graphic too!

Anyone have a good source for LM308 chips?

pickdropper

Quote from: Adam_MD on September 11, 2017, 11:37:20 PM
Wow that looks fantastic.  What do you use to laser etch enclosures?

This is what I usually use to etch the enclosures:

Function f(x)

BrianS

Wow.  That's stellar.  And again you have put me in a state of jealousy (and inadequacy) with you measuring skills.  Great looking build as always.   

pickdropper

Quote from: somnif on September 11, 2017, 11:39:30 PM
You know, one of these days, someone will send you a 1790NS just to see your head explode with options when given the concept of "space".

Either that or watch in bafflement as you stick a 1 knob boost in the middle of it to be contrary....

(And as always, astonishing work)

I actually have a few 1790NS and 1590DD enclosures, I just haven't gotten around to doing anything with them yet.  :-)
Function f(x)

pickdropper

This is the inside of my first 1590A build.  It feels like a long time ago. 

Function f(x)

jimilee

Oh yeah, ^^^^^that's just a hideous first build, I feel way better now, thank you. :o

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

Yeah, I compare that to my first SUCCESSFUL 1590a build and feel like I should hang up my soldering iron and take up finger painting.

Yes, I did solder the red and black wires in the wrong pads and used a sharpie to remind myself of this fact.

All hail the impromptu ground plane!

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on September 12, 2017, 06:48:52 PM
Oh yeah, ^^^^^that's just a hideous first build, I feel way better now, thank you. :o

Well, it's not a pedal, but this is pretty ratsnesty.  Is this better?

Function f(x)

Flock of Bees

It's not a rat's nest if you know where everything goes.