News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Hype

Started by juansolo, September 13, 2017, 05:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

A clone of a Devi Hyperion for a fella who bought a BeeBaa clone from us in a purge. He wanted this to match aesthetically. I like to think it's a little tidier than a real one...

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Luke51411

That's badass! I love how empty the box looks.

chordball

jimilee

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

That graphic is really neat.  Inside is as you say tidy. Under statement.

m-Kresol

well, as clean as it gets.

so, in all honesty: how many times did you have to use a new piece of ribbon wire before all wires had the perfect length?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Quote from: m-Kresol on September 13, 2017, 09:13:12 AM
well, as clean as it gets.

so, in all honesty: how many times did you have to use a new piece of ribbon wire before all wires had the perfect length?

I have a technique for doing that... That's the only one I used ;)

FWIW if I can I have a template that I try to make all our pedals to now. So I have an old back-plate that's pre-drilled with a few pedal layouts on it. I build the effect on there and attach the ribbon to it then too. The stomp end of the ribbon is left over-long for testing then is trimmed back when I fit it into the pedal. All much easier than doing it in the box.

juansolo

Also FWIW, it's a Devi, at some settings it sounds broken, at others it doesn't sound bad. Not one I'd build for myself but it's a shitload better than a Sodameiser.

storyboardist

+1 to what everyone else already said! Unbelievably clean vero build.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

alanp

Where's the rest of the guts?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

Quote from: alanp on September 13, 2017, 09:04:28 PM
Where's the rest of the guts?

Clearly they fell through the portal.

Top notch work as always Juan. far more polished than any "boutique " I can think of.

diablochris6

Clean, inside and out. I own an old Sodameiser, and the PCB is just dangling by all the off-board wiring and is wrapped in electrical tape.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

mrclean77

Clean as always, love the artwork and +1 on clean vero build(s) - you make the seemingly impossible look like child's play

Quote from: juansolo on September 13, 2017, 01:08:43 PMSo I have an old back-plate that's pre-drilled with a few pedal layouts on it.

10000% stealing this idea  8)