News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Noise Swash on vero

Started by soldersqueeze, September 14, 2017, 06:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

Oh god these things are ridiculous. Built a mini swash on a 4MS board before, and i have an old school big box original. Think this one works as it should though i haven't a/b'd it yet. I do remember the big box and mini swash being fairly different though... i think these things do as they please...

The cracked and superglued top goes some way to explain why real tupperware costs so much i suppose.

Addy Bart

Looks great in the tupperware!
Interested to know if the vero sounds like the original? Tempted to build this, seems like a fun one.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: Addy Bart on September 14, 2017, 10:18:15 PM
Looks great in the tupperware!
Interested to know if the vero sounds like the original? Tempted to build this, seems like a fun one.

I'd certainly say build it if your interested, it's going to give you the full noise swash experience. It's all bleeps and bloops, squelches and rips.
There is no "magic" or special "tone" to an original unit. They are what they are. I only want to a/b it because it's so hard to tell if something like this is built correctly. I normally settle on "if all the knobs do something, it's working fine".
It really is the stupidest pedal i've ever used :)

*quick edit*
I feel it worth noting that one thing it has in common with an original unit is noise bleeding into the bypassed signal at a lot of settings. This is true for every swash i've played. I know that can be a deal breaker for a lot of folks. No idea if it's fixable

Addy Bart

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't know about the noise in bypass. Does the swash work after a buffer? I'm wondering if it will be alright in one of the loops in a Boss LS-2.