News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Batch of old EH units

Started by Manc, September 15, 2017, 11:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manc

Hallo all!
More than anything I need some moral support.
I recently acquired a lot of 4 old Electro Harmonix units, via a gear exchange FB page.
True to the description of the vendor the Bad Stone works alright - that alone warranted the asking price...
Now the fun bit:
I also got a three knobs Memory Man, the mn3005 and the compander are there, the board seems unmolested however the light comes on but there's no signal.
Also i acquired an electric mistress deluxe, the enclosure is rusty as hell, i mean so damaged that the rust has actually pierced the steel. The good news is that the Sad1024 is still there in its socket...
And lastly a 10 bands EQ. I havent even looked at it yet.
Mind you, these things have been sitting in a garage up in Scotland for 20 odd years.

Do you have any tip to deal with the rust without screwing up the flimsy graphics? I suppose - short of magic - no. But i thought i'd ask you fellas.
Second, what would you do to troubleshoot the units? How do you tell whether the Sad is dead (if it is, adieu mon mistress)? Where to start?

I feel i've taken more than i can chew... :o

Scruffie

Quote from: Manc on September 15, 2017, 11:47:45 AM
I feel i've taken more than i can chew... :o
You have and should quite clearly sell them all to me ;D

A light abrasive is usually fine on the graphics as long as you don't go too mad, the ol' half a lemon and salt trick can take care of the lighter stuff.

Everyone automatically assumes as it's expensive and rare, the SAD is dead, truth is it's usually something much more mundane.

Troubleshooting is done as any other pedal, voltages.
Works at Lectric-FX