News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CS-2 Compressor Build

Started by NFX, September 20, 2017, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFX

Here is my completed build, going for the original look, easy build with the BA662A clone chip now available.

Newbury Effects

chordball

Martan

Looks great! Looking forward to building mine.

Marty

BrianS

Nice and clean.  Board finally made it to TX.  It's populated and Im just waiting on a pot and let's see if this can break my extremely poor streak of builds not working lately.

somnif

Looks good! I'm just waiting on OSHpark to get my BA662 board (though I apparently accidentally ordered 6.... oops). Soon we shall discover if my caffeine sodden hands will be capable of surface mount madness....

Philthy

NFX

Quote from: BrianS on September 21, 2017, 10:09:11 PM
Nice and clean.  Board finally made it to TX.  It's populated and Im just waiting on a pot and let's see if this can break my extremely poor streak of builds not working lately.

Fingers crossed Brian!
Newbury Effects

NFX

Quote from: somnif on September 21, 2017, 11:23:05 PM
Looks good! I'm just waiting on OSHpark to get my BA662 board (though I apparently accidentally ordered 6.... oops). Soon we shall discover if my caffeine sodden hands will be capable of surface mount madness....

Very Brave taking on the chip from the open source project. What is going to be the cost of your DIY'ing the chip?
Newbury Effects

somnif

Quote from: NFX on September 22, 2017, 12:56:53 AM
Very Brave taking on the chip from the open source project. What is going to be the cost of your DIY'ing the chip?

It was about 1.15$ for 3 board PCBs from OSH park. The transistors come out to a little under 4$. The resistors a few more cents on top of that. I already have some header pins, but would add another 20 cents or so for a stick of them.

So, per "chip" its about 5$. Could probably cheapen that a bit with shopping around or getting the trannys in bulk, but I only plan on building one for the moment.

darrenw6000

let us know how you get on somnif

NFX

Quote from: somnif on September 22, 2017, 01:04:30 AM
Quote from: NFX on September 22, 2017, 12:56:53 AM

It was about 1.15$ for 3 board PCBs from OSH park. The transistors come out to a little under 4$. The resistors a few more cents on top of that. I already have some header pins, but would add another 20 cents or so for a stick of them.

So, per "chip" its about 5$. Could probably cheapen that a bit with shopping around or getting the trannys in bulk, but I only plan on building one for the moment.

cool
Newbury Effects