News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MiniBE

Started by pickdropper, September 19, 2017, 03:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I can see space for a few more knobs.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: timbo_93631 on September 19, 2017, 04:01:34 AM
Between this and the diablo_chris' rotary...  You guys win teh intarnetz today.

While I appreciate the sentiment, diablo_chris's rotary build is INSANE.   Props to that guy.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: wgc on September 19, 2017, 11:17:56 AM
Awesome! Gotta love those happy accidents. Probably the powder has some tiny pores as a result of a small application/ baking mishap that is hard to see without much contrast.

I changed around my 3pdt wiring a bit after doing a few high gainers. The typical way we do it puts the ins and outs right next to each other, inside the switch. Now my led is in the center column.

Try setting for oscillation and put your finger on the switch contacts to see if you can get some type of change.

I didn't notice pores under the microscope, but I also wasn't really looking for them.  Either way, it's funky.  It was a new type of acrylic paint, so there's that variable as well.  I'll keep experimenting.

Yeah, I'll play around with the oscillation when I make time to crack it open again.  Apparently, a lot of folks on FSB had issues with that as well, so there could be a wrong part value in there, too.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Andlord on September 19, 2017, 07:25:03 AM
Wow, insane. Not a big fan of pots on the side but that is a stunning job

Yeah, side pots aren't ideal, but fitting all six on top wasn't really in the cards for this build...
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Aleph Null on September 19, 2017, 09:31:28 PM
Great results. That accidental etch should maybe become an on-purpose etch.

Thanks.  I think reproducing this as an on-purpose etch would be a recipe for frustration.  We'll see, though.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on September 20, 2017, 12:23:07 AM

I suppose I could put some on the bottom, but that might make it sit funny on the pedal board.  ;-)

This one wasn't the worst, actually.  Once I did a 2-in-1 1590A that had all this plus a 3PDT toggle and 2 extra LEDs.  I'm NEVER doing that again.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

And thanks for all the kind words, everybody.  I'm constantly impressed with the builds here, so I always enjoy sharing mine.
Function f(x)

culturejam

Quote from: Adam_MD on September 19, 2017, 08:04:13 AM
Looks awesome and I'm feeling insecure again  :o

You should try working with this guy on commercial stuff.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Martan

That's beautiful work, man!

Great job!

Marty

jimilee

Quote from: pickdropper on September 20, 2017, 03:16:16 AM
Quote from: jimilee on September 20, 2017, 12:23:07 AM

I suppose I could put some on the bottom, but that might make it sit funny on the pedal board.  ;-)

This one wasn't the worst, actually.  Once I did a 2-in-1 1590A that had all this plus a 3PDT toggle and 2 extra LEDs.  I'm NEVER doing that again.
Daaaamn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

storyboardist

Good gosh. Amazing build. There needs to be an emoticon/emoji on here for jaw on floor.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

m-Kresol

Wonderful job, Dave. No matter, if it was unintentional or not, it looks killer. and obvioulsy, squeezing 6 knobs into a 1590A is pretty much insane. Kudos
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials