News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MiniBE

Started by pickdropper, September 18, 2017, 08:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This one was a bit of an interesting build.

A while back, the schematic was posted for the BEOD.  While on vacation in August, I decided to try and cram it into a 1590a because, well no reason really.  Just for fun.  I built one up and it worked straight away, which is always nice.  It's a nice sounding distortion, although with everything jammed tight in the box, I have to dial the trimmer down a bit or it oscillates.  With the gain on the trimmer dialed back, it still sounds good without the oscillation.  I don't have access to a real one to know if that's common because of the metric ton of gain, or if it's part of me putting too much stuff in a small area.  At some point, I'll compare it to the real thing (probably).

The etch turned out clean, but the contrast with this color isn't very good.  I did a backfill, but when I wiped off the acrylic, I was surprised to see the black staining the powder coated part of the enclosure.  I've never seen that before.  I tried removing all of the paint, but the stuff on the enclosure won't come off.  As I cleaned, something funny happened.  The paint stayed in the corners of the etch, outlining the graphic, which looks pretty cool (in my opinion).  The paint that stained the top looks like smoke coming from the phoenix, which also looks pretty cool (in my opinion).  So, in the end, I'm pleased with the graphic, although I probably couldn't recreate it if I tried.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BrianS

Unbelievable.  This has to be one of my favorites.  Really slick looking. You are the master of the 1590a.

matmosphere

You're a madman! Your dedication to tiny pedals is remarkable.

The graphic is very cool.

Luke51411

That finish looks great, one of a kind! Nice cram job! I probably couldn't get 6 pots in a 1590a without a circuit in there...

timbo_93631

Between this and the diablo_chris' rotary...  You guys win teh intarnetz today.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Philthy

Ralfg

Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

Andlord

Wow, insane. Not a big fan of pots on the side but that is a stunning job

Adam_DIY

Looks awesome and I'm feeling insecure again  :o

zombie_rock123

The accidental etch looks bloody amazing. Six pots in an A is unreal!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

NFX

Newbury Effects

wgc

Awesome! Gotta love those happy accidents. Probably the powder has some tiny pores as a result of a small application/ baking mishap that is hard to see without much contrast.

I changed around my 3pdt wiring a bit after doing a few high gainers. The typical way we do it puts the ins and outs right next to each other, inside the switch. Now my led is in the center column.

Try setting for oscillation and put your finger on the switch contacts to see if you can get some type of change.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Aleph Null

Great results. That accidental etch should maybe become an on-purpose etch.

Aristatertotle

First thought that popped into my mind when I saw the pictures was ohhhh, pretty. Second thought in my mind was holy hell that's crammed full. Third thought when I saw the pots on the side was  :o.

This is a masterpiece!

EBK

This pedal is so fun just to look at.  Really nice.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber