News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digdug2 Wah side not working

Started by elenore19, September 19, 2017, 07:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elenore19

Hey all. The tremolo side seems to work great. All the LED's, stages, etc, work great. When I try to just use the Wah there's no 'quack'. The wah knob definitely turns up the volume and there also seems to be a low pass filter going on of sorts, but no variation in tone as it runs through the lights.
Also the trimmers don't seem to do anything (besides the gain).

Any ideas? I'll measure voltages in the next ten minutes or so.

The only one that seemed like something was up was:
Q2 S terminal. It read 0.87V, supposed to be 2.7V

WormBoy

Q2 is the input buffer, before the split of trem and wah. So, that's not the biggest part of the problem, otherwise there would be no sound at all (and no trem effect). If you only get lowpass, the wah is not doing its wah-ing. One thing I would check first is that vactrol 1 is connected/soldered properly. If that looks good, check the soldering of the parts around that in the schematic (R33, R35, C3, C4, C5 and the REZ trimmer, for starters). If one of them is not conducting properly that might explain your issues.

elenore19

Quote from: WormBoy on September 19, 2017, 08:32:10 AM
Q2 is the input buffer, before the split of trem and wah. So, that's not the biggest part of the problem, otherwise there would be no sound at all (and no trem effect). If you only get lowpass, the wah is not doing its wah-ing. One thing I would check first is that vactrol 1 is connected/soldered properly. If that looks good, check the soldering of the parts around that in the schematic (R33, R35, C3, C4, C5 and the REZ trimmer, for starters). If one of them is not conducting properly that might explain your issues.
You're awesome. I just resoldered a bunch of the leads on and around that vactrol. Wah is working!
Tremolo seems lower in signal than the wah, but if I have it cranked it's equal to bypass volume (which works fine).
Thanks again!