News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD me next me next

Started by jimilee, September 22, 2017, 10:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I didn't get a PRS, I have the Sanatana SE model BUT I got this on the musicians friend stupid deal of the day. It was 299, pretty sweet deal. I really like the G&L and feel they're really underrated. It was an ash body and a C shaped neck. It sounds like a tele for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Potatorush

Nice! I really wish I had seen that deal.

Adam_DIY

That's mega bargainous sweet looking G&L dude

culturejam

Very nice! I'm a fan of the ASAT in general.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

bcalla

Sweet deal! 

I saw that one and would have been tempted if I hadn't already sworn off new guitars for a while.

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on September 22, 2017, 12:00:26 PM
Sweet deal! 

I saw that one and would have been tempted if I hadn't already sworn off new guitars for a while.
Uhmmmm what???

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on September 22, 2017, 01:08:03 PM
Quote from: bcalla on September 22, 2017, 12:00:26 PM
Sweet deal! 

Uhmmmm what???

Not everyone can buy a new guitar each week Jimilee LOL.

Thats a nice looking guitar.

midwayfair

Quote from: BrianS on September 22, 2017, 01:40:02 PM

I don't get it anyway. He already owns a telecaster. What more does anyone need?

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on September 22, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

I don't get it anyway. He already owns a telecaster. What more does anyone need?
Right!

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on September 22, 2017, 03:02:55 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on September 22, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

Right!

Wasn't it Rockefeller that was asked after he amassed gizillions of $'s how much more do you need and he said just one more dollar? Or something to that affect.

I believe Jimi uses the same philosophy with guitars.  🤔🙄😉

jimilee

Yes, yes I do. I'm working on getting a vintage vb52 from my buddy who endorses them. Working on trading some pedals for it.

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

junkemail86

IMHO, the G&L tribute line is the best value in the guitar world currently.  $300 new is a steal, I was very tempted by this deal as well.  They are frequently $275-350 used.  I have a tribute Invader, ASAT special, and Legacy and they play like a dream (especially the Invader and ASAT).  The older ones were built in a different country than the newer ones.  I would honestly compare their playability to a $1500 Fender, YMMV...

mrclean77

Wow - steal of a deal, for sure

Jimi definitely lives by:

Current number of guitars + 1 more guitar = Appropriate number of guitars

(rinse and repeat)

pickdropper

Cool guitar, Jimi.  If you find a good one, the Tribute series can be very nice guitars.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper