News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Supering delayed plus other dissapointments

Started by madbean, September 23, 2017, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I've been working on the Supering reverb design for quite a while now (on and off for a few months) and while I thought it would be released this month that turns out not to be the case. The design is just not quite there yet. So, I'm going to run one more (friggin') prototype on it before finalizing the design which means it is going to get pushed back to December. However, the changes I am incorporating will be quite cool and I think everyone will be happy. I figured out a couple issues with the design but also a way to expand on some ideas without adding too much feature creep. This will actually be the third prototype.

In the meantime, I will be placing the order for the next batch at the beginning of this coming week so restocks and some new stuff will be coming soon (1st week of October I expect). I think the new projects will still be the Wumpus and also the soft-touch bypass project. Also, the VFE phaser should release at the same time.

If you have been following the Project Development section of the forum there are also many, many other cool projects in the works. I really hope to bring all of them out...and by that I don't mean 5 years later. Like within the next few months. A 22-stage phaser, stereo panner, a couple of sub-mini tube projects. Also, a tap tempo Dirtbaby which I haven't mentioned on the forum. And, I have not forgotten about previously promised projects like the Polyphase and Timel@apse plus the jury-rigged Rustbucket that's supposed to run on 9v. I really need to buckle down and get this crap out to you guys. Feeling a bit frustrated with myself in not being able to nail things down more quickly. Frankly my batting average in conception to completion is pretty frakkin poor. But, I also never give up completely on anything so I've got that going for me!

I will update as developments err...develop.

stringsthings

No worries on the delays.  Your hard work is most appreciated. 
I'm sure that I'm not the only one with a large backlog of projects to work  on.
All You Need Is Love

zombie_rock123

I cant imagine how hard it is to decide what to devote time to developing let alone the plethora of other stuff you do and having a life on top of that! Stoked for all the new stuff and seeing how it evolves through your updates but also secretly glad youre not banging out a new project every four hours cause I've got bills to pay :D
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Aristatertotle

But is 22 stages really enough?  ;D

Thanks for all of your work. It's pretty wild the amount of stuff you have actively cooking.

bsoncini

No need to apologise. I don't know where you find the time to do all that you do. Thanks for all the work.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on September 24, 2017, 11:00:34 AM
22 stages? Jeez.  :o

Yup. Tap tempo capable too. Like I said in the development thread "22 stages because 24 would just be showing off."

Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement guys. Honestly, sometimes it sucks to be in this solitary vacuum trying to figure out all this stuff on my own. But, I can hardly complain...I am truly lucky in many ways and I remind myself of this constantly. I guess once in a while that frustration seems like that's all there is to this endeavor. But, then I get over it and GBTW!

Martan

Sounds like you need a breather, man. Take a break to reset🙂I'm sure we can all find something to do in the meantime.👍🏻

Lubdar

Quote from: madbean on September 23, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
But, I also never give up completely on anything so I've got that going for me!

You're amazing, and we all appreciate your work very much!
Best,
   Lubdar
(--c^.^)--c

darrenw6000

Hirti

Really looking forward to that tap tempo Dirtbaby.

reddesert

I work in a scientific research field where people build large, one-off instruments, so although there are general understandings about what to expect, almost everything has elements of new design. At one point, someone told me the rule of "Double the time and add two of the next smaller unit."  So if you think it's going to take a week, it will take two weeks and two days. If it's supposed to take a year, it's actually going to take two years and two months. And these are projects with actual project management engineers.

Boba7

Does the tap tempo Dirtbaby work with the taptation IC? Cause I built mine like that but I'd be interested to hear about another system (taptation is good but could be improved in my opinion)

madbean

Quote from: Boba7 on October 05, 2017, 03:08:26 PM
Does the tap tempo Dirtbaby work with the taptation IC? Cause I built mine like that but I'd be interested to hear about another system (taptation is good but could be improved in my opinion)

It is Taptation-based. But, modified slightly to hopefully fix the biggest problem I've had with it (LED noise).