News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Guides for Tonebender

Started by Roaraudio, September 27, 2017, 03:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaraudio

I bought the Stank PCB awhile back but messed up pretty hard. This time around i was hoping to complete the Tonebender with no mistakes so i bought 2. And i was hoping someone might have a guide.

Roaraudio

bsoncini

Which tone set PCBs did you buy? If it's a Madbean there are build guides Have you ever successfully built a pedal? Is it germanium or silicon. If it's germanium I would say you try some easier circuits first. Boosters, buffet, maybe a bazz fuss etc before attacking this.

The tonebender circuit is not really complicated but dealing with germaniums and biasing the can be more complicated.

Roaraudio

Hey bsoncini,

Relatively new to this stuff so sorry if i'm not knowing everything you said. The PCB i just bought is the Madbean Tonebender (silicon). The thing i find most complicated about these pedals are the solder parts pictured.

Where can i find the guides? By guides i mean like other peoples step by step diary kind of thing.

I'm new to effects pedals. I have built a simple microphone pre-amp (JLM Mono with great success) and had some success with a WSG by MFOS. They were both kits.

bsoncini

What PCB is that?  I looked at the build doc for the Madbean silicon tonebender and it looks different.

Anyway 9v and g are 9 volts and ground coming from your DC jack. In and out are pretty self explanatory. The other g  is also ground which should go to your input/output Jack's and your 3pdt. And sw I imagine goes to your bypass 3pdt switch to turn on and off the led with the effect.

Wire your 3pdt like this (you might not need the resistor for the led if it is on the PCB. https://www.google.fr/search?q=wiring+3pdt+switch&oq=wiring+3pdt&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.7096j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=QWX5gDGluaAx4M:

WormBoy

Quote from: Roaraudio on September 27, 2017, 11:14:02 PM
Where can i find the guides? By guides i mean like other peoples step by step diary kind of thing.
The Madbean PCBs do not come with a step-by-step guide like the BYOC kits for example. However, if you've built a kits already it should not be too hard. The ToneBender docs do not show the wiring up part, but you can look at the docs for the CherryBomb which is applicable as far as I can tell. Also, the tutorials might be of help: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/index.html