News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fluorine Fuzz - Clusterfuzz

Started by m-Kresol, October 01, 2017, 10:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Hi guys,

when the Clusterfuzz was traced a while back, I had to do a pcb layout for it. I altered it only a little: power section was a bit altered, used a ON-OFF-ON switch for 3 clipping options (any diodes, FET and none) and put the filter switch internal on a DIP. Since the guys from function f(x) were very helpful in verifying the schematic, I hope it's cool to post my build. I play less frequently these days and only play at home, so there's no commercial application of this clone, otherwise I might have gone for the Clusterfuzz Junior (which btw. came out after I finished my design. sure you didn't copy my layout? ;) ) I won't share the layout out of respect for the function crew, although Keefe got the extra one in a trade.

Also in there is the first batch of my optical bypass board. The 1776 board is too big for my taste and the Lumen is out of stock since forever... I managed to flip the connector pads to the main pcb , so there's already a 2.0 design with that corrected as well as discrete CLRs for the optofet-LED and the indicator LED.

Enclosure is reverse etched, spray painted and topped off with epoxy as described in my tutorial. Had to repaint as I wasn't content with revealing the etch and screwed up. It's not perfect, but good enough. Next one will hopefully be done with my laser engraver 8)

It's obviously missing one knob...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Adam_DIY

That's awesome Felix I love the fade in the paint job and the etch looks really cool.

cresconio

Stunning graphics, definitely gonna check out that tutorial.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Addy Bart

EBK

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 01, 2017, 10:37:58 AM
It's obviously missing one knob...
Oh... Now I see what you were talking about!  I was way too busy drooling over the rest of it before.  ;)

Seriously, though, very nice looking build. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

selfdestroyer

Damn Man!

Paint, etch.. everything, came out great!

m-Kresol

thanks for the nice comments. It is appreciated
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

midwayfair

madbean

That is very cool looking, Felix. And, no - we did not use your layout!

culturejam

That's awesome! Looks amazing.

But how does it sound?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects