News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Endgame - TerminusV2

Started by Willybomb, October 04, 2017, 12:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Terminus was playing up a bit and it turned out it was the source of noise I was getting in my pedalboard.  I decided to build something similar but better, and this is the result:

Klon buffer, into a splitter (one out goes directly to a 1/4 out for an amp), to a Bloviator, to Lart's Simple Cabsim, to another splitter that goes to the volumes for the 1/4 out and THC's Linedriver with XLR output.  Bit noisy, think it could be the splitters, but not bad.

Andlord

If it is noisy try isolating the modules. If they all are good try shielded wire.

Looks good as always!

EBK

Are those two boards stuck to the side just acting as a power bus?  I may have to adopt that idea for my own builds so I can stop trying to solder a half dozen wires to my power jacks.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Willybomb

QuoteAre those two boards stuck to the side just acting as a power bus?

Yep.  Normally I'll decouple them all too with a 100r resistor and a 100uf capacitor but couldn't be bothered in this case.  They'll normally all go to the same vero strip too, and I probably could have this time too, but ultimately I couldn't be bothered.

Have a look at Leviathan for an example of decoupling with all the power and ground going to one strip.