News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League...

Started by Willybomb, October 05, 2017, 02:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.

Here's Starfighter.  It switches between a Harald's Stripped Fetto vero layout, and a two channel BE-OD on Bugg's Thermionic Distortion pcb.

Fairly straightforward.  Apparently you can switch the gain pots with a 3dpt but I decided to just use a 4pdt and switch all the wires at once plus LED.  The Tight pot is moved offboard to make the enclosure layout make more sense with the 2nd gain pot.  Same value pots, as I didn't expereiment with values at all. 

There's a Gunstar in the background of the image but you have to look pretty hard as it came out more transparent in the print than it did on screen.

Edit:  There's ONE knob out of line, and it's giving me the irrits.

NFX

Newbury Effects

matmosphere

madbean

Willybomb

QuoteNice!! That's the last one right?

Correct, and it's also the only one!

Quoteone of my favorite movies when I was a kid!

Same!

EBK

For some reason, the targeting reticle was the only element from the film I could vividly recall.  I remember thinking that was so cool.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mrclean77

Aw, man - awesome build. Also loved the movie in my younger years - you translated that to a pedal very nicely!!!

Willybomb

Quote from: EBK on October 05, 2017, 04:51:00 AM
For some reason, the targeting reticle was the only element from the film I could vividly recall.  I remember thinking that was so cool.

I tried to include the HUD in someway, but failed miserably.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Andlord

Great graphic design! You could have tried to destribute the pots evenly but I guess not everybody has that wierd symmetry ocd like me :D

Martan

Willybomb

Quote from: Andlord on October 05, 2017, 06:49:25 AM
Great graphic design! You could have tried to destribute the pots evenly but I guess not everybody has that wierd symmetry ocd like me :D

Sometimes you have to sacrifice symmetry for the greater artwork. I increased the ergonomics of it by colour coding the knobs!

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Clark GriswoId

Great looking build! Awesome work!

great power and ground junction.