News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blueshift DimensionC in 1590BB

Started by sharpan.sv, October 06, 2017, 11:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharpan.sv

Hello!
This is much less interesting then putting this beast in 1590B, but this is how I decided to build it.
I'm going to make it slightly assymetical and battery powered .

Now it almost fully soldered, but not housed yet. I'll post some pictures in a few days

Отправлено с моего Lenovo A536 через Tapatalk

EBK

If you wanted to, you could probably rotate the board assembly 90° and end mount your jacks and off-board your switches.  Or, you could probably make a nice landscape orientation with all the jacks on one of the long sides.
A world of possibilities with a 1590BB.  :D

As far as battery operation goes, Boss specs suggest that this pedal will draw 30mA, and no signal will pass through on bypass if your battery goes dead on you....
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

sharpan.sv

Thanks for sharing your thoughs. Battery isn't really necessary.  I tend not to use them anyway. Main reason was that I wasn't able to get 125B and miniature power connector, so I decided to use what was avaliable.

EBK

I think the 1590BB is a great idea.  I like it better than the 125B due to its smaller depth.  Although I had previously said that I'd use a 1590B2 if I were to build this again, you've got me thinking, and, as you've observed, the BB is readily available.   8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

sharpan.sv

Well, new plan. Who needs battery anyway....[emoji1]
I decided to do it much simpler.
Everything on a long side
Not a piece of art, but I can't wait to finally hear how it sounds like

EBK

Quote from: sharpan.sv on October 08, 2017, 03:34:49 AM
Not a piece of art, but I can't wait to finally hear how it sounds like

That's the spirit!  You won't be disappointed (assuming it works when you fire it up, of course).  What size standoff are you using?

sharpan.sv

I used standoff that 12 mm long. This just a hair shorter then switches.
Maybe I'll move input jack to the left side of enclosure, but for now it's fine, just conterintuitive when turned horizontally.
Sounds great, biased to 3.4v with multimeter, bl3207/bl3102, minimalist bypass

sharpan.sv

Now I feel that my Blueshift really needs to be rehoused. It's too ugly and big,  compared to others.
But now I'm thinking if this thing could  be biased with PC and soundcard?  Is there any software for this work?

EBK

sharpan.sv

New I/O jacks configuration. Now it makes sense both horizontally and vertically. Both inputs connected in parallel.

sharpan.sv

Quote from: EBK on October 09, 2017, 11:00:52 AM
I've never tried this, but here is some pc sound card scope info: https://makezine.com/projects/sound-card-oscilloscope/
I used suggested program as a signal generator and this http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e150.php oscilloscope for calibration.

Suggested 8KHz Sine was not very accurate, but 1KHz to 3KHz was perfect.

sharpan.sv

I added relay bypass for my blueshift.
Attiny13a based. Both momentary and latching operations.
Who cares?  ;)

EBK

Very nice.  Do you change bypass operations by double tapping the switch?

sharpan.sv

Short press (400ms or less) - normal latching operation.
If I press and hold button longer then 400 ms, then MCU turns into momentary mode and effect will be switched to bypass on button release