News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris

Started by Jesse, October 11, 2017, 08:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

My First Madbean build is done!  I built two of the Slow Loris rats.  It was a challenge getting everything in the 1590b but it all fits.  The 3mm led eyes look killer!  For the decal I used Photoshop and Avery clear shipping labels for inkjet printers.  My first try with the epoxy top failed as I used Bob Smith Industries 30 minute epoxy.  I didn't mix it right and had to scrap it all off.  I wanted to try Envirotex epoxy after that but had a hard time finding it locally so I went with Parks Super Glaze and I think it looks great.  It didn't work first try.  I traced it to the ic which I bought off of eBay from China (mistake!).  Got a good ic from Small Bear and it fired right up and sounds awesome!

matmosphere

Nice! Everybody loves a good Rat.

Any pics?

Jesse

Jesse

Jesse

Leevibe

Nice work inside and out!

NFX

nice design and the font is good too. Great work
Newbury Effects

matmosphere

Very nice.

Metal can for the win!

jimilee

Bitchin, I use parks also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

stringsthings

Very nice!  Excellent black/white colors.  Makes the red LEDs pop.
All You Need Is Love

Doctorjello

Killer. I love Rats and my SL is absolutely a beast. Did you say you made a second one too?

jubal81

Whoa, congrats! Looks spectacular.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Jesse

Here's the second one...only difference is the clear knobs.

diablochris6

They both look great. I am of the opinion that LED eyes makes the circuit sound better!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

gordo

Would make for a fairly evil looking pedal board.  Very nicely done!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?