News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need a stomp that would stomp twice in a row (Jamman Vocal mod)

Started by Boba7, October 19, 2017, 08:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hey,

I need your help, cause I can't seem to find any idea on how to mod my Jamman vocal. I'm using it slaved to another Jamman (Solo XT) and really like this function.

But the only thing I really regret is to not have a separate footswitch to stop the loop. To stop it you need to stomp twice, which is not practical at all, especially when you're playing and singing at the same time. On my Solo XT I have a DIY separate footswitch which allows me to stop/erase/go up easily. But there's no footswitch jack on the Vocal XT.

So I'm looking for a way to have another footswitch that would switch TWICE with a single stomp. Something relay based possibly,  but I just can't think of anything...

If anyone has any idea, they're more than welcome!!

:)

Boba7

For example, if I'm using a relay and a dual momentary footswitch, do you guys think there would be any way to delay slightly the relay switching?
That way I could have the 1st momentary hit and a few ms later the relay switch hit. And that'd be it, 2 stomps in a row with only one stomp, and the Jamman would stop with only one hit. Is it something that'd work?

I have no idea how to slow a relay switching...

I just can't seem to think of anything else really.

Leevibe

I think you will need something microcontroller based. It's probably not too
hard to do for someone who knows a bit of code.

Boba7

Yes, you're probably right. I guess I could ask around.
I'll start by just using an external switch, a Boss that I finder easier to tap and double tap. And if it's still too annoying I'll have to do something.

Thanks for the answer!