News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Release schedule update

Started by madbean, October 13, 2017, 04:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

VFE Tractor Beam and Dark Horse should be released within the next 7 days. I was hoping to get both out this week but I had a couple questions on them for Peter so I'm going to wait a little bit more before getting them out.

I'll be placing the re-stock order probably Sunday. I still expect the Wumpus to drop with that (it's a Probish-type effect). Maybe the Sofite, too (relay bypass - it depends on how many microcontrollers I have). Maybe (no promises) the Pitch Bitch (theremin effect). So, all the restocks and new projects will be available before the end of the month.

I've got tons and tons of prototypes going ATM (you can find most of these described in the Project Development part of the forum). There's just a lot of cool stuff happening. My plan for the remainder of 2017 is to get at least 2-3 more new projects out on top of what I've already mentioned and 2-3 more VFE projects. That will make for a pretty nice wrap-up to the year. I'd like one of those new projects to be the FFS (For Fuzz Sake) full kit...we'll see how ambitious I get.

Mid-November will also have the announcement for the 2017 Build of the Year contest.

That's all for now!

WormBoy

Nice! Looking forward to those new releases.

madbean

The Wumpus control plate. I'll be including instructions on how to make it (it takes maybe 15 minutes). I've got an idea on an alternate control surface that may end up working, too (and cheaper). Wumpus is done, btw - placing the whole order tomorrow for sure.

BrianS

Just watched a video on the zvex probe.  Very interesting.  What type of enclosure would you use for this? And are there any out of the norm parts needed? If you don't have a chance to answer this before you release the board it's ok.  No you're busy with a bunch of stuff.

madbean

Quote from: BrianS on October 14, 2017, 01:15:27 PM
Just watched a video on the zvex probe.  Very interesting.  What type of enclosure would you use for this? And are there any out of the norm parts needed? If you don't have a chance to answer this before you release the board it's ok.  No you're busy with a bunch of stuff.

Regular 1590BB. The footswitch goes in the upper right. Two pot controls which go on the top side of the enclosure with the DC jack. There's nothing to unusual about the parts, actually. There will be several internal adjustments available to fine tune the probish control.

BrianS

Quote from: madbean on October 14, 2017, 01:44:59 PM
Quote from: BrianS on October 14, 2017, 01:15:27 PM

Regular 1590BB. The footswitch goes in the upper right. Two pot controls which go on the top side of the enclosure with the DC jack. There's nothing to unusual about the parts, actually. There will be several internal adjustments available to fine tune the probish control.

Thanks.  How is the plate, and for lack of a better word(s), integrated/fixed to the pedal? If that's more than you want to explain that's cool.  I swore I would not buy anymore boards until I  caught up with what I have but this looks like something I could use.

matmosphere

Lots of cool stuff on the horizon. You are a true wizard Bean.

Is there any chance you'd consider resurrecting the moodring for a small run. I know you have a replacement in development right now.

madbean

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 14, 2017, 04:53:49 PM
Is there any chance you'd consider resurrecting the moodring for a small run. I know you have a replacement in development right now.

Yup. With a few improvements. Already in process!

madbean

Quote from: BrianS on October 14, 2017, 02:11:22 PM
Thanks.  How is the plate, and for lack of a better word(s), integrated/fixed to the pedal? If that's more than you want to explain that's cool.  I swore I would not buy anymore boards until I  caught up with what I have but this looks like something I could use.

Fixing will be up to the builder, but 3M foam tape is what I will use. Then it's just a wire that attaches it to the PCB. You don't want to use screws because it could end up grounding the control plate. I've done mine on some single sided FR-4, but I think it could be done with a yard sign (yes I'm serious). You can get thin metal signs at Walmart for like $2 and they have a conductive backing. And it can be cut easily with tin snips. I've used that stuff to make light shields before. I'll check that out this week and report back - I've got some around here I think.

madbean

Quote from: madbean on October 14, 2017, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on October 14, 2017, 04:53:49 PM

Yup. With a few improvements. Already in process!

Moodring 2017. Basically the same size, same BTDR-2 but a few circuit improvements like an output volume control trimmer, split the 7805 into two 78L05 and a buffer on the Dwell pot. I probably could go straight to production on this one but I want to be cautious so there will be a quick prototype done. I'm also going to build this with the dry kill as an actual footswitch. I'll do at least a short run of this but it might work out to have both the MR and Supering...they are turning out to be quite different in some ways.

madbean

Last update:
2 VFE projects by the 21st
Restocks/new projects by the 31st. The Wumpus and Softie are the new projects. The Softie (relay bypass) will be a fairly limited quantity to start until I get some more micro-controllers in December.

I'll also do a free shipping weekend with the 31st. release.

Got 7 new prototype boards also coming (Dirtbaby tap, two sub-mini tube projects, Rustbucket with re-configured power supply, some other stuff).

zombie_rock123

I can't overstate how excited I am for the submini tube projects! With regards to the Softie - will the code be available for those savvy enough to flash the chips or is it something you're going to keep a lid on? Not fussed either way I was just wondering :)
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

darrenw6000

Your burning the candle at both ends Brian

madbean

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on October 17, 2017, 07:17:50 AM
I can't overstate how excited I am for the submini tube projects! With regards to the Softie - will the code be available for those savvy enough to flash the chips or is it something you're going to keep a lid on? Not fussed either way I was just wondering :)

The Softie is using the VFE controller and I do not have the code to program it. But, if you want to DIY your own then I suggest the CODA bypass project I have put up in the Etcher's Paradise (the two projects are not compatible).

zombie_rock123

Ah gotcha, sorry I hadn't twigged it was the VFE code, my bad!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/