News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lurker Coming to the Light

Started by TheDude, October 18, 2017, 11:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDude

Hey guys, been lurking on the boards for nearly a year now, figure now's a good time to step into the light.

I'm fairly new to the DIY guitar and pedal world, but have been doing woodworking for a few years now. First got into the pedal game with a tremolo kit from TheFretwire.com (which I found 3 months before MadBean), which I was never able to get working (hooray for cheap Chinese parts and awful instructions...). A bit discouraged and with available time winding down I decided research was my best path for the time being. I'm still at a loss when trying to understand most of this electronic stuff, so please bare with me as I drop plenty of questions in the coming months.

With my career I really only have about a 4 month span that I can work on projects like these, and that time is once again approaching. I'm in the process of building a guitar with a kit from the same site as my first pedal (much easier to understand), and plan to attempt 3 pedals before my time this year runs out. Looking forward to get to know everyone and continuing the constant chase for that perfect tone!
The dude abides

Andlord

Welcome Dude, you'll love it here!(but you probably already know that ;) )

Aleph Null

Welcome! This one of the most friendly and helpful forums I've ever found. I hope you'll feel the same way when, inevitably, a project doesn't fire up at first (everyone has that project at some point).

Leevibe

Welcome! Don't be scared to ask questions. A lot of times it turns out your build is closer to working than you think! In my case, sometimes they're working but I have my cables connected wrong. Haha. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Pedals and guitar.

TheDude

Quote from: Andlord on October 19, 2017, 10:13:33 AM
Welcome Dude, you'll love it here!(but you probably already know that ;) )

Absolutely! Wouldn't have left the shadows otherwise ;)

Quote from: Aleph Null on October 25, 2017, 03:57:45 PM
Welcome! This one of the most friendly and helpful forums I've ever found. I hope you'll feel the same way when, inevitably, a project doesn't fire up at first (everyone has that project at some point).

I've been really impressed with how the sense of community here really is extended to everyone. Crossing my fingers that day comes later than sooner though!

Quote from: Leevibe on October 25, 2017, 04:48:58 PM
Welcome! Don't be scared to ask questions. A lot of times it turns out your build is closer to working than you think! In my case, sometimes they're working but I have my cables connected wrong. Haha. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Pedals and guitar.

I'd like to think my first try was close, but when the directions just include a shoddy diagram and no words I'm not hopeful lol. Finished the guitar today and it worked first try so I'm a bit more optimistic now. Should be posting it shortly.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides