News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Tractor Beam released

Started by madbean, October 19, 2017, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Tractor Beam is now available in the store. The project also includes a custom 1MC pot (5% tolerance) so international shipping will have adjusted rates applied. I have not boxed mine yet but will do so in a few days. I will do a demo of this (also I still owe a demo for the Choral Reef which I will do at the same time).

I decided to push the Dark Horse back a few weeks. Couple reasons: one nagging thing on my build I haven't solved and also I am running pretty low on switching boards. Rather than push the DH out I decided to make more of the TB available now. I've got about 50 TB available which should last a few days I hope, haha.

On the plus side, the re-designed switching board will release with the Dark Horse (more on that later).

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

jaidee

I've just been reading the Build Notes which state that the three resistor arrays do not have orientation; but as one of the arrays (the 22K) is a "common bus" surely that must be orientated - one end and only one end is the common bus connector.  Or am I missing something here?  If not, which way should the bussed array be orientated?

madbean

Quote from: jaidee on October 23, 2017, 03:08:50 PM
I've just been reading the Build Notes which state that the three resistor arrays do not have orientation; but as one of the arrays (the 22K) is a "common bus" surely that must be orientated - one end and only one end is the common bus connector.  Or am I missing something here?  If not, which way should the bussed array be orientated?

I should have stated the wording better: the bussed network can have an orientation, however in this case it doesn't matter because the two outer pins are both connected to ground. So, each resistor used in the network on this PCB connects to bus (ground in our case) no matter which way you put it in. I will add a note to the doc for clarification. Thanks.

jaidee

Thanks for the clarification, Brian