News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny little simple mod help

Started by garfo, October 21, 2017, 02:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Hey guys. After I have built a mixed version of the mudbunny box, I wanted to know how could I filter some of the higher frequencies off the effect?
I wad thinking of just adding a capacitor to ground after or before the volume pot.
I play bass with it and run the tone at 1 o'clock to get a bit more of the trebly sound. The problem is the hiss part of it, somewhere around 10k that needs to go specially when I'm playing through a DI box.
Guys, any idea of where to put it and what an approximate cap value I could use?

midwayfair

Solder a 1nF capacitor across R22.

However, this will only be a 6dB/octave filter with its -3 point at 7KHz. You're likely to be disappointed with any simple filter to solve this problem. The BMP already filters out a huge amount of high-frequency content so removing another few decibels isn't likely to help much.

garfo

bsoncini

I don't know if it's what your looking for. To just get the hiss out as in noise when you aren't playing I always used a 100k trumpet in parallel with the 100k resistor at we. But turning it too much really takes all the balls away from the pedal.