News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion wiring for lumen

Started by Adam_DIY, October 21, 2017, 12:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

I'm about to box up an Aion comet ds-1 clone and I wanted to ask some advice before I start so I don't make a mistake.  Do I need to connect the SW pad to ground?  It's confused me a little.

Anyone out there wired up an aion pcb to a lumen?

https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/aion-comet-ds1-documentation.pdf

WormBoy

You're using the Lumen bypass of Grind? If you wire the LED to the Lumen, no need to wire up the LED and CLR on the DS-1 board. And, don't wire the SW pad. The SW pad is used to connect the LED on the DS-1 board to a switch; if it's connected to ground, the LED lights up. However, it's easiest to let the Lumen do all the switching and LEDin'.

Adam_DIY

Yes I'm using a Grind lumen I've already drilled the enclosure and soldered in the led on the aion board though. I've been reading the build doc again and If SW is the cathode for the led could I connect that to the led cathode pad on the lumen?

WormBoy

Then the bypass won't work. The LED in the optocoupler also needs a path to ground. I think that it will work if you jumper one of the LED pads on the Lumen, and use the LED- pad on the other side of the Lumen to connect to SW on the main board. And, leave R1 in, as the opto would like some current limiting.