News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pro Guitar Shop shutting down...

Started by vizcities, October 28, 2017, 04:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vizcities

https://proguitarshop.reverbsites.com

Looks like Andy will still be making demos for Reverb, but it's still a shame.

jimilee

I saw that, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brianq41369

That guy can play,too....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jkokura

It's not surprising given today's climate. I thought they were doing really well at the online game too. It's just really hard to be competitive in such a small market.

I wonder if they attempted to sell the business or just decided to pack it in?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

somnif

PGS had a fair bit of clout in the industry too, to the point where they got special pedals from fairly big name brands built to their specs (like the T2 Reverb, or the Carbon Copy "Bright").

brianq41369

Especially with the mark up online industry has to tack on just to stay afloat? Business is hard in an ever changing market, hopefully they'll splinter off or jump back in somewhere down the line? Mike Mathews has had to do so a few times? We'll miss them....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matmosphere

It might not have a lot to do with the market. The owner died and it sounds like his widow didn't want to continue with the shop. It sounds like reverb probably quietly  bought them out because they hired Andy and want to continue something like Tone report weekly.

movinginslomo

The CEO Aaron Miller passed away back in Feb. (Cancer I believe) and they decided to get out of the game rather than find a new CEO