Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EGODRIVER

Started by bandit, September 09, 2011, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

ok, my first completed madbean peadal.
great stuff! thank you all

made the pcb at a small electronic store in Lisbon.
some componets already had from previous projects, box, swtich and stuff all from musikding
the other project (hope soon here) is the, guess what!, the aristocrat. also a octafuzz coming up

decided to do the layout like the ocd, not the kind of pacient guy for this stuff. Instead of fulltone you can read 'Luistone' (yeah, i'm Luís!)

and now, some pictures!

put all components ready to solder

cleaning pcb

drilling and testing

box painting

pcb populated

wiring

final work and working

after some troubleshooting, it's working (bad capacitors?)
comment =)

Sigesmundninja

Now that Build-report is just as awsome as the actual pedal ypu've built! great job!

jimmybjj

Nice build and congrats. What is the cleaning(etching) solution? I don't think I have seen blue before.
Pcbs no longer available

bandit

thanks, it's just cleaning.
the etching was done by professional people (don't have the time for that!  :) )

after i've got the pcb, there was a thin layer over the cooper that i think protected it against the acid. the lady at the store told me to use alcohol to remove it after drilling the pcb.

Jamiroking

I've always meant to do a step by step picture series of a pedal coming together (first resistors then capacitors, etc) but everytime I sit down to work on it, I only think of it like 4 hours later as I'm drilling the enclosure....