News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD! Apetone Cascadia

Started by Bret608, October 30, 2017, 02:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

What's the second footswitch do?  Gain bump?  Volume boost?

juansolo

It adds body is the best way I can describe it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Quote from: cajone5 on November 02, 2017, 02:28:29 PM
What's the second footswitch do?  Gain bump?  Volume boost?

It's about like a 'fat' switch. Bit more gain, volume and body.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Quote from: bsoncini on November 02, 2017, 07:34:59 AM
Damn. Do really need another pedal like this but you just sold me. Just ordered one.

Can we expect more pedals in the future from apetone?

Yeah, I have more than a couple ideas cooking. Hopefully they won't all take me a year like this one.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Quote from: Frank_NH on November 02, 2017, 02:11:55 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on November 02, 2017, 05:53:16 AM
Quote from: Frank_NH on November 02, 2017, 03:51:40 AM
Just ordered a PCB.  I'm all about low to medium gain overdrives for classic rock and modern country.  Now, I just need to get the parts I don't have from Smallbear!   :D

Funny you say that. I'd like to hear someone who can play country through this thing. I only have a few country tricks in my bag, but I have a feeling this thing would be perfect for that, too.

Modern (alt) country is in many ways a lot like 70s southern rock (a la Lynyrd Skynyrd), so a bit of overdrive but not as much as classic rock.  I like to have some low, mid-range, gritty overdrive for country solos and for rhythm guitar on southern rock-type songs.  I think the Cascadia should fill that role nicely - looking forward to building it!

Yeah, 'Gimme 3 steps' was one of the songs I'd test with, since it's in the grit zone. The faux pedal-steel bends sound spot-on.
- David Fair

Govmnt_Lacky

Ok then...

Hey Jason.... can you tell me what size lock washers you use for the In/Out jacks and possibly where you source them?

jubal81

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 02, 2017, 03:42:05 PM
Ok then...

Hey Jason.... can you tell me what size lock washers you use for the In/Out jacks and possibly where you source them?

Smallbear's 'lock washers for audio jacks'
- David Fair