News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Strymon Timeline and madbean pedals!

Started by k.rock!, September 09, 2011, 05:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Just got this beast (Timeline) today and I wanted to share it with you guys...I love it!!!

The demo is really mostly about the Timeline but I'm using my Egodriver in one of the videos (white rhino) and my MoRC from guitarpcb :)

You'll see in the pedalboard the Mangler (Kriegsheld Flaum) and the GGG 808.

Enjoy!

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

The ice mode can get really close to the Blue Sky's shimmer mode.  Cool.  I like the kicks more though.  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

haha thanks Josh...I just got those for 20 bucks in Puerto Rico this past weekend

Yeah, the ICE mode really sounds very shimmerish which I love...and the hold for infinite repeats feature is fantastic...
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Oh man I'm in total awe! The repeats are soo clean and organic sounding its just blissful. I checked out the El Capistan the other day and that one too, just insane how good it sounds.
This thing does everything I would need/possibly want, but I'll never get myself to spend that much on one at least right now.  :-\
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Super demos! Kaleb, you have a nice feel in your playing and it shows in how you used the Timeline.

k.rock!

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 10, 2011, 02:12:12 PM
Oh man I'm in total awe! The repeats are soo clean and organic sounding its just blissful. I checked out the El Capistan the other day and that one too, just insane how good it sounds.
This thing does everything I would need/possibly want, but I'll never get myself to spend that much on one at least right now.  :-\

Yeah man, I couldn't believe I spent so much money on it but after playing it for a couple hours last night...I can honestly say it was worth it. Actually, I even felt bad that the 2 sounds I chose to demo were really the ones everybody has seen before in YouTube. I was in shock to find how awesome the LoFi sounds. I can get an awesome chorus sound and a lesliesque type vibe (like the Lex) that sounds very SRV! I think I played with that effect for about an hour haha It's wonderful. I find that this pedal exceeds the sound quality and flexibility of the usual delay sounds of any other pedal out there plus it has those other effects like the Ice, LoFi, Pattern and Filter that will definitely open up more sounds for me. I just love it haha

Quote from: madbean on September 10, 2011, 03:34:10 PM
Super demos! Kaleb, you have a nice feel in your playing and it shows in how you used the Timeline.

Thanks dude! I appreciate those kind words man! :) How are you liking yours so far?? Try patch 7B and increase the speed a little bit (say 3oclock) and maybe the mix just a hair, maybe a bit past 12 and start playing some SRV  :D ...man you'll love it!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

keysandguitars

How does the looper work? I've easily got the cash if I sold my loop station. I really just use mine as a practice dummy, very simple functions only. I want to put my order in!!
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

Awesome demos man.  So much tasty atmosphere in one grey box!

k.rock!

Quote from: keysandguitars on September 12, 2011, 08:46:22 AM
How does the looper work? I've easily got the cash if I sold my loop station. I really just use mine as a practice dummy, very simple functions only. I want to put my order in!!

The looper is fantastic! It's a 30 second looper and you can access it either from bypass or from a specific preset. You can also set it up so that when you exit Looper mode, the loop is still playing. This gives you the ability of looking for a different preset and then record that over your loop. It's really awesome...

Quote from: nzCdog on September 12, 2011, 06:27:52 PM
Awesome demos man.  So much tasty atmosphere in one grey box!

Thanks man! Yeah dude...and I was barely scratching the surface with those videos. It has soooo much more...it's insane. Definitely worth it. :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

keysandguitars

Thanks Kaleb, I'm buying one!  ;D. Just don't tell the Mrs.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

k.rock!

Quote from: keysandguitars on September 13, 2011, 09:30:22 AM
Thanks Kaleb, I'm buying one!  ;D. Just don't tell the Mrs.

haha!  :D alright, I'll keep it in the down-low ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com