News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cursed!

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, November 07, 2017, 02:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Sometimes, I think I am cursed and this sh!t only happens to me :facepalm:

Ordered from Mouser. I usually upgrade to the priority mail but, this time I decided to do the snail mail (UPS mail innovations.... UPS delivers to local PO) option.

Delivered to local PO on Saturday morning. No delivery to my house from them  >:(

Call local PO. "Sorry sir but your package wasn't in the UPS pallet that was delivered.  >:(

Call Mouser..... "We have to have UPS trace the package and get back to us. You can place another order though... "  >:(

Now, everyone knows why I NEVER select the slowest option. Grrrrrr....

Sorry... just a little venting after a long work day  :-\

Rockhorst

As a light in the darkness: I have nothing but the greatest respect for how Mouser processes my orders. They have an office in the Netherlands. I place an order, they ship it in from the US (I think?) through France and within a week it's at my doorstep with Mouser taking care of all the customs and import charges. That's quite insane/amazing...So indeed, the postage service seems to be where the thing goes boink...

Haberdasher

That happened to me once.  I called them after about a week to find out what happened, and the guy just re-issued my order, which was promptly delivered.  He recommended not using first class, fwiw.  Then the original order was delivered the next day, so I kinda felt like a dick.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Haberdasher on November 07, 2017, 04:01:33 PM
That happened to me once.  I called them after about a week to find out what happened, and the guy just re-issued my order, which was promptly delivered.  He recommended not using first class, fwiw.  Then the original order was delivered the next day, so I kinda felt like a dick.

Yeah.. they made it expressly clear that I had two choices.

Make another order at full price and possibly get refunded if UPS cannot locate the parcell (however long that takes) -OR-

Wait to see if UPS can locate it and deliver (however long that takes)

Muadzin

I once tried to ship a package through UPS. NEVER AGAIN! They're probably great if you're a company. For individuals its a friggin' nightmare.

EBRAddict

I don't think Mouser offers First Class mail, just Priority or UPS Mail Innovations. I think DigiKey will do First Class if your package is under the weight cutoff. I've gotten First Class mail from Digikey in South Dakota in a couple days. It takes UPS Mail Innovations 5 days from Dallas. Both to Atlanta.

My first experience with UPS Mail Innovations: I ordered some lawn mower parts at the beginning of summer, and Sears said they shipped them right away. When my grass got to 10" tall I called and Sears told me, no bullshit, to allow 6-8 weeks to receive my parts from UPS Mail Innovations.

Regular UPS sometimes sucks too. I had them delay my UPS Ground package from Dallas to Atlanta because of wildfires in California.

alanp

I still find it hilarious that "First Class" is actually maybe third or fifth class. "First Class" implies that it's the best option in the shipping industry.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Digikey offers me one shipping option unless that's changed of late, $8 for orders under (?) use to be $200cdn, is it $100 now, free above that threshold.  Order it by their evening cutoff and i have by lunch the next day, under 16 hours for an international shipment.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

peAk

Quote from: alanp on November 09, 2017, 03:24:31 PM
I still find it hilarious that "First Class" is actually maybe third or fifth class. "First Class" implies that it's the best option in the shipping industry.

Haha....so true.

It should be called "It'll eventually get there"

AntKnee

I almost always used that option from Mouser, but haven't had a problem. I guess I've been lucky so far.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

mojah63

I've had better luck with ups mail innovations than FedEx smart post. Probably because I live  near a UPS center but that ain't saying much.   Avoid both if possible..