News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TGPedal Wiring

Started by mremic01, November 10, 2017, 03:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mremic01

I designed a circuit to fill a lot of the demand I see on TGP. It's called the TGPedal. Sounds like taking a blanket off your amp, really gives it that extra sizzle in the lower/upper mids, but completely transparent. Anyway, which wiring do you guys think would sounds better?:

thesmokingman

there aren't enough 90 degree bends in your wiring.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

mremic01

How about this. I'm worried about the extra resistance bleeding high end from having too much wire, so what buffer won't sound too harsh with this?

Rockhorst

Obviously you have spend many hours on this revolutionary circuit design, building it from the ground up to come up with something unique and truly original. Better poor some goop over that and initiate a waiting list.

Max

Reminds me a bit of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNeWy8vAiuU

If I were you I'd add the "Else" switch, everybody should have it.

mremic01

Quote from: Max on November 10, 2017, 04:01:58 PM
Reminds me a bit of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNeWy8vAiuU

If I were you I'd add the "Else" switch, everybody should have it.

Has this been traced? I'm worried that the else switch might colour the tone. What the pedal really needs is transparency.

Quote from: Rockhorst on November 10, 2017, 03:54:57 PM
Better poor some goop over that and initiate a waiting list.

It'll need a PCB to be gooped, but that can get mounted to the transparency knob.

jimilee

Would it be possible to work in an effects loops maybe?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

it needs tap tempo, ramping, tails, and a mids control

oh and a rotary switch to change between different types of wire ... solid core, stranded, pre-tinned, etc
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

movinginslomo

Reminds me of the Spice Box™ haha. You need NOS cloth wiring from a vintage Neve console that has been adequately aged and seasoned. And that resistor.. NOS carbon comp?

pickdropper

That is a carbon comp resistor, right?  Asking for a friend.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mremic01

How do you know the Spice Box is on without an LED?

The resistor could be carbon comp. It's just for the LED, but the resistive material might have a subtle impact on any signal that bleeds into it and then rebleeds into the circuit.

timbo_93631

You might want to cryogenically treat the assembly as a whole, this will align all the molecules into a gniessic texture that will provide an ultra-mafic low end response, super dark where it should be.  Also you are also missing a thermistor and fiber washers for the jacks and switch.  But when you get that ironed out I have already set aside $999 to get one of the first batch when they come out in 2027.  The year of Toan.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

mremic01

Quote from: timbo_93631 on November 10, 2017, 06:51:28 PM
You might want to cryogenically treat the assembly as a whole, this will align all the molecules into a gniessic texture that will provide an ultra-mafic low end response, super dark where it should be.  Also you are also missing a thermistor and fiber washers for the jacks and switch.  But when you get that ironed out I have already set aside $999 to get one of the first batch when they come out in 2027.  The year of Toan.

I'll stick it in my freezer overnight.

Also, no harmonic-killing powdercoat on the enclosure. Super important.

matmosphere

I'm really digging this design, does it stack well with other dirt boxes?

Will it still sound okay with a buffer in my effects chain?

I don't like that poping sound when my pedals turn on, do you have a soft bypass option?

matmosphere

methinks you should actually build one and post a video demo on TGP and see what happens.

Please...