News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Canned air + Waterslide = POOF!

Started by AntKnee, November 10, 2017, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

During my usual waterslide decal/envirotex application process, I made a mistake I felt I'd share so none of you stumble upon it like I did.

After my decal had dried and I cut out the holes, I had small bits of decal debris on the surface. I was looking around my desk for something to clean it off, and spotted my canned air that I use to clean out my keyboard. I gave my enclosure a spray of air, which penetrated between the decal and enclosure, making my decal explode off the enclosure into tiny bits like a confetti bomb. I was shocked for a moment before the anger kicked in, realizing I had to start completely over with the process. I apologize for not taking pics of the aftermath, but I was so pissed I got right to stripping the remnants off and starting over.

Avoid the canned air in this situation, gents!

Cheers! 8)
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

midwayfair

Forget taking pictures of the aftermath, can you take pictures of it happening.

I'm sorry for your loss, but that sounds legitimately awesome. Someday you'll look back on this and say "that was sooooo coool" like your inner child knows you would have done if it had been anyone else's build.

AntKnee

Quote from: midwayfair on November 10, 2017, 05:18:36 PM
Forget taking pictures of the aftermath, can you take pictures of it happening.

I'm sorry for your loss, but that sounds legitimately awesome. Someday you'll look back on this and say "that was sooooo coool" like your inner child knows you would have done if it had been anyone else's build.

It was pretty awesome, actually. It happened so quick and was so surprising that it took a moment to figure out what happened. The air spray just shredded the decal and sent it airborne. It was still falling on me when I realized I ruined it. LOL It literally blew up in my face.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

pickdropper

I agree with Jon.  I want to see the slow motion video of it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sjaustin

This story instantly made me think of this:

lars

The above post was the perfect response.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

madbean

Just chiming in to say this sounds deserving of the overused term "epic fail"! In the best possible way, of course.

EBK

I am totally going to try to replicate this.  I have an enclosure drilled, some leftover decals, and some compressed air.  Sounds like so much fun.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber