News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a laser printer for pcb transfer (pnp,etc) and waterslide decals

Started by jball85, November 14, 2017, 01:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jball85

I'm looking to see if anyone has a recommendation for a color laser jet printer that can handle both pnp blue for PCB's, and print water slide decals in color. Looking to keep it under $300, and needs to have adjustable fuser temperature. Thanks in advance for feedback.

gordo

I picked up a Brother HL-3170CDW at NewEgg for about $225 and am thrilled with it.  It's too early to tell (I've had it for a few days) but I've had great luck with Brother products.  I'll keep you posted when I get a chance to do either Blue or decals.  Looking forward to printing in color though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Can't help with the color part but my Brother B+W laser printer has been excellent for PNP Blue.

flanagan0718

I've got a Samsung ML-1630. it's not color but it works for everything else.

Drew Hallenbeck

I haven't done anything with PnP blue but I've done plenty of color waterslide decals with my Brother HL-3170CDW
That's two votes!
Before I went to using a color printer, I also had good luck with my Brother HL-L2380DW for black printing and toner transfers. I still have it and use it anytime I don't need anything in color.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

gordo

Really happy with the output on waterslides so far.  I knackered both of these up but the decals themselves came out great.

Neither of them are finished so I'll post them in their own spots when they are.  In the meantime this printer rocks and is not fussy about tape on the page etc...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?