News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4:1 mods?

Started by warriorpoet, November 17, 2017, 09:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorpoet

So I accidentally drilled another hole in my enclosure. Now to find a useful mod...

Any suggestions? Fat switch? Bright switch? Crazy oscillating compressor of death by laser beam switch? I'm all ears! :D
Mzo.FX, Owner

WormBoy

One thing I always have with compressors is that I feel they dull the sound a little. A small kick in the highs does wonders, to my ears at least. You could easily add some caps on a switch as a bright switch for the comp control, although the boost in brightness will then depend on the setting of comp pot. you could also build in the SWTC2 if you have enough room and willingness to hack: http://www.muzique.com/lab/swtc.htm. Not a spectacular mod, but a useful one  ;D

Boba7

You could also look for the sensitivity mod that I think Midwayfair came up with, though it'd be quite redundant in my opinion with the mix and depth pot.

I didn't feel that the Afterlife cut highs, but I'm sure there must be some way to add a tone control.

warriorpoet

I wonder if there's a way to change the attack or release. I'm not familiar with comp topology, so any suggestions are welcome
Mzo.FX, Owner