News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Programming Molecular Disruption Device

Started by jghfslk, November 19, 2017, 03:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

I saw this thread and I am having problems uploding hex file. I am using pickit 3 and win10, so did anyone else had problems with this combination?

Poslano sa mog LG-H502 koristeći Tapatalk

drolo

Quote from: jghfslk on December 01, 2017, 10:58:04 AM
Still haven't gotten it 100 percent yet.  Here are the steps I did on my latest attempt.

In SpinAsm I open the project dialog box and load each effect that I want in the corresponding spot.  My the effects I chose are:

Prog 0   MDD Particolay
Prog 1   rom_rev1
Prog 2   rom_fla_rev
Prog 3   rom_trem_rev
Prog 4   MDD Pitch Step Glider
Prog 5   Envelope Phaser
Prog 6   MDD Double Dliaser
Prog 7   key_rev

Then I powered the pedal, connected the Pickit to the PCB which is connected and flashed the chip.  I had the 1P8T rotary set to Prog 0 when flashing the chip.  I then disconnected the pickit from the PCB and set the rotary to Prog 1.  I then did the same steps with Prog 1.  I decided to try the pedal to see if those two settings were properly loaded. 

I still have all 8 slots filled but only 4 effects.  My options for effects are this:

Prog 0   MDD Particolay
Prog 1   MDD Particolay
Prog 2   rom_fla_rev
Prog 3   rom_fla_rev
Prog 4   MDD Pitch Step Glider
Prog 5   MDD Pitch Step Glider
Prog 6   MDD Double Aliaser
Prog 7   MDD Double Aliaser

I thought this was weird since not only do I have doubles of 4 effects, but I did not even load Program 2-7 yet.

Unless something is going wrong when you create the hex file (which I doubt) you may have an issue on your PCB, perhaps a bridge or bad connection around the diodes used for the switching logic. Have a close look over there. If you don't find anything, you can send me your hex file so I can check it, that way we'll eliminate that probability

drolo

Quote from: brejna on December 01, 2017, 11:07:18 AM
I saw this thread and I am having problems uploding hex file. I am using pickit 3 and win10, so did anyone else had problems with this combination?

I have not heard of anyone using a pickit3 reporting success yet.
At the end of this page there is some info regarding how to make it work with some mods but it's not verified I think:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=24756.75

you can get a pickit2 knock off so cheap on ebay that it might not be worth risking to kill yours ;-)

jghfslk

You are amazing David!

One of the positions of the rotary was linked to the common center.  Now I have 8 full slots of different effects and everything seems to be working as it should  : )

drolo

brejna

Quote from: drolo on December 01, 2017, 11:32:46 AM
Quote from: brejna on December 01, 2017, 11:07:18 AM

I have not heard of anyone using a pickit3 reporting success yet.
At the end of this page there is some info regarding how to make it work with some mods but it's not verified I think:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=24756.75

you can get a pickit2 knock off so cheap on ebay that it might not be worth risking to kill yours ;-)
Oh I thought it would work with pickit3, I just ordered pickit2.. :)

Thanks