News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

diezel VH4

Started by oip, November 20, 2017, 01:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oip

hey folks

been sitting on this PCB for quite a while (thanks andlord!) and had circuit plus enclosure in various states of half done but never had the time to drill and finish it all up.  finally did so today.  it sounds MASSIVE and all round great, nice at all settings so far.  the low end available with the deep control is just.. woah.

mine isn't shielded at all and i don't know if it's this plus the design or what but it squeals past 12 gain.  vanishes if i put a buffer in front so i'm tempted to just leave it, i use the SDD preamp a lot anyway.  i have another PCB which i might build up for troubleshooting purposes.  the offboard wiring of 7 pots is a minor pain and it's a tight squeeze in the enclosure but overall the build is straightforward.

left the etch in for way too long, i usually go too short so wanted to try deeper etching.  which worked, but so did the ferric through the toner.  another one for the 'home made look' pile (ie all of them haha).  had fun with the spraypaint though.

got a friedman BE-OD to box up next weekend so high gain is sorted i think

Andlord

Great build. You should try shielding the In- and Output. Mine did squeel if you turn it all the way up but below that I had no problems. Sadly my pedal had a little accident before I boxed it  :'( have to troubleshoot again

oip

thanks!  yeah i might switch out the jacks altogether and use shielded for in and output, my current wiring on them is pretty sloppy.  it's a tight fit to get them in with the pots they are actually pushing the backplate.

haha oh no.  hopefully it's easy to find.  the number of offboard wires is a little crazy, i think an onboard pots version would be nice