News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Free PCB day + two new VFE

Started by madbean, November 24, 2017, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I guess I better do some kinda Black Friday thing. So, for today all orders of $19.99 and up (ex. shipping) will get a free PCB. We'll start with Flabulanche and if that runs out I will select something else.

Also, all VFE are back in stock. There are two new VFE projects: the Old School tremolo and White Horse compressor.

The new v.2 switching board is now shipping with all VFE projects, too. All VFE docs have been updated with links to the new switching board doc. The switching board doc has everything in it now - regular doc, drill guides, quick build guide. Please let me know if you have any questions on the two new projects.

hasanova

Quote from: madbean on November 24, 2017, 06:57:25 AM
I guess I better do some kinda Black Friday thing. So, for today all orders of $19.99 and up (ex. shipping) will get a free PCB. We'll start with Flabulanche and if that runs out I will select something else.

Also, all VFE are back in stock. There are two new VFE projects: the Old School tremolo and White Horse compressor.

The new v.2 switching board is now shipping with all VFE projects, too. All VFE docs have been updated with links to the new switching board doc. The switching board doc has everything in it now - regular doc, drill guides, quick build guide. Please let me know if you have any questions on the two new projects.

Nice!
On the VFE website I read the following, under "Story":

"Despite the name changes, the Old School has always been a transistor-based, vintage tremolo circuit. I find transistor-based tremolos have a richer sonic character than their optical counterparts, due to the hint of phasing that is a result of the change in gain of the transistor itself."

But, in your builddoc I see that an opto-coupler is used.

How did that come about?

madbean

The optocoupler is for the envelope follower, actually. It's what drives the dynamic changes in speed and depth.

hasanova

fair.child

Brian,

Are you going to do some cyber monday stuff?

madbean

Quote from: fair.child on November 27, 2017, 11:31:38 AM
Brian,

Nah. But, there might be a big giveaway coming up for the month of December.

fair.child

Quote from: madbean on November 27, 2017, 12:46:25 PM
Quote from: fair.child on November 27, 2017, 11:31:38 AM
Brian,

Nah. But, there might be a big giveaway coming up for the month of December.

Waiting for the VFE Dark Horse... 8) 8) 8)

gordo

Of course I had to order these.  I've been quite impressed with all the VFE stuff, but then again I've been quite impressed with most everything that everyone is releasing these days  The bar is ridiculously high.  I doubt the White Horse (and the upcoming Tiger comp) will displace my trusty 4:1 but I think these are both a different breed.  Not to derail the topic but Brian I'm wondering, I'm close to boxing up the Tiger, which is one of the Patreon boards (and the new VFE footprint), is it OK to post here?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: gordo on November 27, 2017, 02:49:15 PM
I'm wondering, I'm close to boxing up the Tiger, which is one of the Patreon boards (and the new VFE footprint), is it OK to post here?

Sure, MBP is basically the kind-of official tech support for the Patreon stuff. Although I have to admit I have not had time to build the two Patreon projects I have gotten. But anything related to VFE obviously has a home here.