News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big December Giveaway - all orders/free board/all month - ALL GONE!

Started by madbean, November 29, 2017, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I don't have the heart to throw away the abandoned Wumpus boards (probe-ish control with on-board effects) I had made so I've decided to give them all away. Starting today all orders get a free Wumpus board. Doesn't matter how much you order or where you are: if you place an order for anything you get a Wumpus board. This will go until the end of the year (or until I run out of them).

The Wumpus does work - you just can't use the controller plate on top of the enclosure like I planned. So, it's not terribly practical since you need the box and the controller plate in two different places. However, it looks like it can be installed in a 125B instead of the planned 1590BB so that will help. Anyway, I will be posting the complete build doc with suggestions on how to build it in the most practical way. I'll have that up Dec.1st. in the Extra Projects section.

I do hope some people will build it. It's cool! Plus it has options to plug it into other effects. I just don't see myself re-doing the project since I have so many others going on right now.

BUILD DOC: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=26980.0

BrianS

Just sent an order and hoping I can snag one of the boards. 

flanagan0718

Gonna be that guy...I'm gonna be grabbing a Freakout but i was also wondering if the Attack Decay was going to be restocked soon. Thanks Brian. You're the Best!

madbean

Quote from: flanagan0718 on November 29, 2017, 07:55:00 AM
Gonna be that guy...I'm gonna be grabbing a Freakout but i was also wondering if the Attack Decay was going to be restocked soon. Thanks Brian. You're the Best!

I'm currently working on the A/D. I should know the status in a few days.

cajone5

flanagan0718

Quote from: madbean on November 29, 2017, 08:24:23 AM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on November 29, 2017, 07:55:00 AM

I'm currently working on the A/D. I should know the status in a few days.

fair.child

Just ordered a Ping 1590G build. I need a reverb pedal! Looking forward to build Wumpus during this Christmas break! Thanks Brian!

zombie_rock123

Thanks Madbean, in a way its really cool that we get access to an experimental build - cannot wait to try this. Beyond generous the way youve gone about it.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

madbean

My pleasure guys. There's definitely something useful to be had with the project so I am happy to give away the boards. Eventually I will post an etchable layout of just the proximity control in the Etcher's Paradise, too. It's mostly the same as the zVex one but I added two helpful tweaks to it.

reddesert

That's very cool.

Earlier I was looking at photos of the Zvex probe pedals (which I have no direct experience with), where the plate and enclosure are on a custom wraparound Lucite wedge. And thinking if I wanted to bodge one myself, I would probably just cut a wedge shaped piece of wood to go under the plate.

But today it occurred to me that with 3D printers fairly available, someone could probably design a plastic wedge that would screw to the enclosure and support the plate. If you got some extra long screws for the enclosure lid, maybe the base of the wedge could go under the lid + enclosure and be fastened by the screws, so you wouldn't have to drill more holes in the enclosure (assuming the fine thread on those screws is strong enough to hold). Unfortunately, I have no 3D printing experience myself, but others here do.

mark123

I ordered a Dig Dug 2. I'll be happy to build a Wumpus, too. Thanks for the kind give away.  :)

BrianS

Hey Brian,
Know you're busy but any update on the Wumpus build doc?  and I really appreciate the free board.  I don't know if I will get this to work but I will sure take a stab at it. 

madbean

Quote from: BrianS on December 05, 2017, 08:41:02 AM
Hey Brian,
Know you're busy but any update on the Wumpus build doc?  and I really appreciate the free board.  I don't know if I will get this to work but I will sure take a stab at it.

Apologies for the delay. I will get the build doc up tomorrow. Just have to put a few finishing touches on it;.

mark123

;D

I see you already have them in the works. LOL 😆

Thanks, man.

madbean

Okay, it's going to be tomorrow before this is finished. I'm still working on it and there's actually more to cover than I thought. I'm working on examples of the external controls, etc, and more thorough explanations of some of the operation and it's just taking time. There's actually a lot going on in this thing even though it's a pretty simple circuit.

I'll have it up ASAP.