News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Modded Doombutter.

Started by JakeFuzz, September 13, 2011, 09:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

Magic brought this pedal here over the weekend and I really like it. I think the mod possibilities for this thing are very good. FSB has a modified version called the clari not cubed which has an LFO but I haven't seen anyone add a feedback pot yet, which I think might be interesting. Here is the schematic, hopefully when I build this down the line I can test and verify some of these but someone may want to try it in the meantime. I am not too sure of the feedback pot or the lower limit resistor values but 50KB and 10K would be a good place to start. The LFO is just the modulation section from the Echobase that drives the same LDR as the existing LED.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thanks for going ahead and doing this! As soon as I get a chance I'll experiment and see what I can come up with.
The one I built doesn't have that LFO at the bottom of the schem which would give this pedal more added fun but with the feedback knob it will do most of what I want it too!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 13, 2011, 12:10:17 PM
Thanks for going ahead and doing this! As soon as I get a chance I'll experiment and see what I can come up with.
The one I built doesn't have that LFO at the bottom of the schem which would give this pedal more added fun but with the feedback knob it will do most of what I want it too!

I'm confident the LFO section will work. It is a pretty simple design. Definitely test out the feedback knob. I would start without the limiting resistor and just use like a 50KB pot in there to see what values will sound good and whether or not you even need a limiting resistor. Also test different return points. I am pretty sure the delay signal pull off point is good but the return might be better at another spot. I really just looked at the echobase to see what he was doing. The echobase also has clipping diodes on the return to degrade the repeats a little  8)