News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Adding blend pot to Current Lover?

Started by Longer713, December 06, 2017, 03:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longer713

Hi guys,

I have that weird need to add blend or signal mix control to Current Lover.
My idea was to use 100kB pot and mix signal fom the guitar but before CL circuit. Center lug as a guitar input and two other as main output and input of the circuit.

I'm just not sure if I see it correctly. Searching through google about that many says something about stereo pots and active circuits. But in recently built CE-2 you can just toss a pot in series with another resistor and that's all!

Your help will be much appreciated :)
Owner of LongAmp Poland

Yahoo67

Guitarpcb.com got a Buff N' Blend pcb if you wanna try. Never did try it myself but maybe look at the build doc it migrh be what youre looking for :)

Longer713

I would like to stick to passive solution like it was done in CE-2 but I have no idea if it's even possible..?
Owner of LongAmp Poland

jonboper

There are two simple blend circuits on tagboardeffects.blogspot. If you're new to that site you can find them like this: Forum->Contributions->Verified Layouts->Utility Boxes. Both are posted by Geiri and the one you should use depends on phase.

jonboper

I have used the Buff n Blend fwiw, an excellent and low part-count blend. If you use that circuit, I recommend socketing R5 to find the right value for you.

Longer713

Thanks guys for your help :)

Yes, this circuit sounds like a good idea and certainly next time I'll be using that.
In this one shot deal I changed stock R5 to variable resistor out of 100k 9mm Alpha pot together with 100k resistor in parallel. Results wasn't just as I expected, you kinda can get sort of dry signal but it's not as clean as signal from guitar. But it works enough for my needs :)

Huge thanks to Brian MadBean for that tip :)
Owner of LongAmp Poland