Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shriveling beans (thread title change)

Started by madbean, December 06, 2017, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Just realizing today that:
I graduated college 20 years ago (97).
I graduated HS almost 30 years ago (90).

You guys in your 20's live it up as much as you can. Believe me it goes faster than you can possibly imagine. Before you know it you'll be looking forward to a 10 pm bedtime and glad you get to wake up early and start your day.

- changed thread title because it's funnier

culturejam

Not too far behind you, buddy.

I graduated HS in 1995 and college in 2000. Just turned 41.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

somnif

Its been 13 years since HS for me, and I'm still in fecking grad school!  :o

gordo

Graduated 75 and 79 respectively. Turn 60 this year. You guys are still puppies.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

brucer

Quote from: gordo on December 06, 2017, 06:14:10 PM
Graduated 75 and 79 respectively. Turn 60 this year. You guys are still puppies.

My thoughts exactly.  Graduated HS 84.  Uni was a long process ... 91 and 95.

tcpoint

Graduated 80 and 87.  Turned 55, this year.  Don't feel that old, even though I have two married daughters.  It goes fast.

BrianS

Quote from: gordo on December 06, 2017, 06:14:10 PM

Oh yes,puppies.  1974. When things start going downhill at 8 pm you know your old. And Bean, just a heads up.  After 45 I believe time movement goes up exponentially so don't think it slows down.  And everything else moves faster also, cars, grandkids, etc....  The only thing that slows down is your physical movement. Lol.  But it's a great ride most of the time.

timbo_93631

Graduated HS in '96 and wrapped up my 20-year AS 2-year degree in 2016!  Was good to get that milestone, looking forward to getting my BS by 2036!  Time passes by, kids grow, friends and family pass away.  All I can say is since my really bad time I had a few years back, I try and take some time everyday to appreciate that I am here, so blessed to have my family and that the kids are healthy and strong, so blessed to have been happily married 10 years now, so blessed to be doing work I believe in and really love doing.    It makes the inexorable march of time so much more acceptable to stop and be grateful on a daily basis, even if it is in some very small way.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

flanagan0718

Graduated HS in 2002. Never did the collage thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianS

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many "elder" guys on here.  That's great.  Quite surprised at the ages coming up because to be honest I thought some of you were younger.  Now I don't feel like Im this ancient Redwood like I do playing on the Worship team at church who I have 25 - 30 years on the oldest one.  But as they say your only as old as you feel but some days..............🤔🙃😖🤣

culturejam

Quote from: tcpoint on December 06, 2017, 06:38:12 PM
Don't feel that old

This is what's so weird to me. Just turned 41 (last week), but I still feel like I'm maybe 25. It's very strange getting older once you pass a certain point/age (which is a totally personal milestone).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
Don't feel that old

This is what's so weird to me. Just turned 41 (last week), but I still feel like I'm maybe 25. It's very strange getting older once you pass a certain point/age (which is a totally personal milestone).

Turned 41 last month. I'm not sure there's such a thing as feeling 41. Sometimes I feel 21 and sometimes I feel 81 and I think it just averages out.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

timbo_93631

Quote from: jubal81 on December 06, 2017, 09:31:16 PM
Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
Don't feel that old

Turned 41 last month. I'm not sure there's such a thing as feeling 41. Sometimes I feel 21 and sometimes I feel 81 and I think it just averages out.
Ha, amen to that man!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

Hah, I usually try to get to bed by 9pm. Working dayshift does horrible things to your bodyclock -- I start work at about 5:45am, including pre-op setup, with the current half-hour overtime (before the actual shift).
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

I graduated HS in 1995 like CJ. Got by B.S. in Geology in 2009.  Student loans should be paid off by 2099.  ;D. The 40s are definitely strange.  One minute I feel the same as I did in my twenties; the next minute a disc slips out of alignment and I feel like a grandpa.