Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shriveling beans (thread title change)

Started by madbean, December 06, 2017, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

Quote from: somnif on December 06, 2017, 06:04:59 PM
Its been 13 years since HS for me, and I'm still in fecking grad school!  :o

Almost 15 for me since HS graduation (2003).

Still in grad school as well. Though only part time. Good luck finding the end of that road.

jimilee

I just turned 46. Yeah, that happened. I feel old at 10pm and when I have to climb the stairs to go to bed. My wife is 49 though, so that helps me feel young. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: cajone5 on December 07, 2017, 05:12:05 AM
Quote from: somnif on December 06, 2017, 06:04:59 PM
Its been 13 years since HS for me, and I'm still in fecking grad school!  :o

Almost 15 for me since HS graduation (2003).

Still in grad school as well. Though only part time. Good luck finding the end of that road.

Yay! people my age-ish!

dan.schumaker

It's not so much the "its been XX years since I graduated high school/college" that gets me depressed, its the "wow, I have just as long as I've been alive left to work till I can retire" that gets me down...

culturejam

Quote from: dan.schumaker on December 07, 2017, 05:58:54 AM
It's not so much the "its been XX years since I graduated high school/college" that gets me depressed, its the "wow, I have just as long as I've been alive left to work till I can retire" that gets me down...
Found the optimist.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

thesmokingman

graduated in 96, got an as in 98 ... chased money around doing utility line clearance for over a decade before I decided that hard labor isn't an old man's game. I was right ... not even 40 yet and a cold front can cripple me. should have a bs finished in 2018 though ... probably follow up with a masters
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Bret608

My wife and I joke often that it's hard to picture ourselves as anything but in our 20s still, even though we're 41 and 44 respectively. At this point I've decided it's a function of the accelerated time sense that goes with age. "Wait...it's 2017? How did my kids got to be 13 and 11 that fast?" Anyway, nice to hear that so many of you are at a similar place in terms of age and experience. It's also cool that there are both younger and older folks here as well! 

alanp

Quote from: jimilee on December 07, 2017, 05:22:16 AM
I just turned 46. Yeah, that happened. I feel old at 10pm and when I have to climb the stairs to go to bed. My wife is 49 though, so that helps me feel young.

I imagine it's not safe to tell HER that, though! ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lars

The older I get, the more the saying proves true, "It's not the years...it's the mileage".
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on December 07, 2017, 07:36:17 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 07, 2017, 05:22:16 AM
I just turned 46. Yeah, that happened. I feel old at 10pm and when I have to climb the stairs to go to bed. My wife is 49 though, so that helps me feel young.

I imagine it's not safe to tell HER that, though! ;)
Depends on the day / hour / minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: tcpoint on December 06, 2017, 06:38:12 PM
Don't feel that old

This is what's so weird to me. Just turned 41 (last week), but I still feel like I'm maybe 25. It's very strange getting older once you pass a certain point/age (which is a totally personal milestone).

Likewise (I'm 45, though I had to check that recently as I'd forgotten...). I've only recently started to feel older as there are things that are starting to wear out, ache or deteriorate (knees, back, sight, hearing, the usual), which is damned annoying. Mentally I never left my 20's and never plan to.

Properly embracing my mid-life crisis though with the old computers and consoles.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

sonnyboy27

Y'all are making me feel young and grateful to have grown up when internet forums were widely available for super niche hobbies.

drezdn

Graduated HS in '97, and college in 2002. My student loans should be paid off in (IIRC) 14 more years (don't major in journalism).

jubal81

Quote from: drezdn on December 07, 2017, 09:09:14 AM
(don't major in journalism).

QFT

Career change is now fait accompli and I'm running out of time to figure that one out.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

zombie_rock123

Also dont go for a degree in English Literature "just because". Finished secondary school - high school seems to be universal over here now too of late ??? - in 04, college 06 and Uni 09.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/