News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echo Base Build

Started by bsoncini, December 07, 2017, 03:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsoncini

I don't post many build reports here, in fact this might be my first.  I'm not very good with graphics so I normally just scribble stuff on the enclosure with a sharpie.  My builds look nowhere near as good as the stuff I see posted on here.  Doesn't bother my I like my stuff looking diy.

I figured I would post this to show a little trick I came up with that could work for any delay pedal with buffer bypass.

I built a friend an echo base a few years ago and since numerous people have asked me to build them one after hearing them.  Anyway built this for a friend and he wanted it to look as crappy and cheap as possible on the outside (no knobs, too expensive for him).  This thing aint winning any beauty contests, inside or outside.  Done from the sabrotone layout.  http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=979

I really dig this pedal.  It is suprisingly quiet for all the wiring on it.  Added the mod to change the wave shape from square to triangle on the modulation.  The square wave has some real crazy sounds.  Also changed r36 to a higher value so that the feedback oscillation is a little slower.

Anyway what I came up with is a way to use the same momentary switch when the pedal is off and on for two different things.  I'm no genius and I imagine somebody has already come up with this but I've never seen it.  So I'll explain it and how to do it incase anyone wants to use this.

When the pedal is on, stepping on the momentary switch goes into runaway oscillation.  When pedal is off, it adds the delays in only when you step on the switch.  This requires a 3pdt.  Hopefully this helps someone who wants to do the same thing.

To wire it. 

3pdt
1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6 9

pin 1 - jumpers to pin 8 and connects to one of the momentary lugs
pin 2 - The bypass wire
Pin 3 - Jumper to pin 4
Pin 4 - Ground, jumper to pin 3
Pin 5 - To other lug on momentary switch
Pin 6 - One of the wires for the runaway oscillation
pin 7 - nothing
pin 8 - jumper to pin 1
pin 9 - The other wire for runaway oscillation.

Works great for me.  I normally don't use a delay at all times but like to just add some noisy delays in at the end of songs or at random points in the song but also have the chance to use it as a normal delay pedal.

soldersqueeze

There's nothing about this I don't love. Great work- I think the insides look pretty damn good for a vero layout of this size, and the outside looks like legit old school DIY! Would absolutely have a place on my pedalboard looking like that.

midwayfair

Excellent work with the switching! That's a very clever way to avoid using an extra button. :)