News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Snow In South Texas

Started by BrianS, December 07, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Ok. I know you guys are getting pelted up north but now we're getting it in South Texas.  Crazy weather.  I don't believe we've had any accumulation since 1985 in the San Antonio area.  But it's nice to see this once in a while.  And it's going to be 70 degrees on Monday lol. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madbean

That's great! We usually got one dusting a year in Austin and it was gone within a few hours. The last snow I got to see in Texas happened in the month of March (?!) just a few weeks before we left to move to TN years ago.

peAk

I lived in San Antonio back in 85 and I remember that 13-15"

I am in Houston now and we are getting some too. I was just telling some coworkers about the SA Blizzard of 85!

stringsthings

Wow, that's unusual.  I'm up in Indiana and we haven't even had that much snow, yet.
It did get wicked cold last night.
All You Need Is Love

drezdn

In Southern Wisconsin, we haven't gotten any snow yet either.

timbo_93631

It snowed in Atlanta around noon yesterday, but it didn't quite get cold enough down here in Eatonton, we did get some slushy rain/melty sleet. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

davent

Banana belt in Ontario Canada we had a few flurries mid week but no accumulation.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

BrianS

Quote from: davent on December 09, 2017, 01:15:03 PM
Banana belt in Ontario Canada we had a few flurries mid week but no accumulation.

dave

That's nuts.  Our snow is all melted now because it's up to 63 today.  The system that hit here was a survivor because it went through several states and I believe it's still producing up east now.  Luckily the roads didn't freeze up the night it snowed.  I believe there were around 1000 car accidents back in 1985 when it dumped 12-13" in San Antonio.  It's white knuckle driving around here when it's dry.  Throw in precipitation and you're in for a wild time. 

timbo_93631

Around 10 this morning we had about 5 minutes of snow all the way down here in Eatonton.  It was probably 45 degrees outside, to warm for it to stick to anything, but still neat to see nonetheless! 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

storyboardist

I'm on the North side of Atlanta and we got around 8" of the white stuff. (Meteorologists said we'd get 1-3") I've lived down here for 16 years and haven't seen this big a snow down here. Made me feel like I was in Northeast Ohio again. Kids have been having a blast.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

BrianS

Quote from: storyboardist on December 09, 2017, 09:04:57 PM
I'm on the North side of Atlanta and we got around 8" of the white stuff. (Meteorologists said we'd get 1-3") I've lived down here for 16 years and haven't seen this big a snow down here. Made me feel like I was in Northeast Ohio again. Kids have been having a blast.

That's awesome especially for your kids.

davent

The look on the kids' faces says it all!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

All these songs about "White Christmas" stuff, and cold cold Decembers, always sound incredibly weird.

Christmas is the time of year when it's entirely too damn hot, and if you have any sense you'll be wandering around in jandals, shorts, and a tshirt.

June-July is the cold, wet, miserable time of year when you'll be staying inside as much as you can.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

storyboardist

Quote from: davent on December 09, 2017, 09:16:36 PM
The look on the kids' faces says it all!

Right? Though I'm afraid my oldest (red coat, almost 4) has 100% tied the snow to Christmas in his mind. And it might take a considerable amount of explaining for him to understand that just because the snow melts (probably tomorrow--let's be real, it is Georgia after all) Christmas isn't over. Friday as the snow was falling he kept saying, "It's Christmas Eve!" And he may have thought today was Christmas, even though he didn't get any presents. ;D haha
Guy behind Effects Layouts

matmosphere

I'm in New York today. There's snow but it's not that bad. DC, home, got less.