News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New, inexpensive DMM

Started by stringsthings, December 09, 2017, 10:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

Just got me a new DMM!  ( I'm strangely excited as my other DMM is a cheap futurlec meter that's really old )

brand/model:  ANENG AN8008
I got mine on sale for under $20 from banggood.  You can also find it on Amazon for around $25.  ( search: AN8008 )
If you don't mind the longer shipping time, it's all over ebay. 

One reason I was shopping for a new DMM - I wanted a meter with more resolution and accuracy for matching transistors.
This meter is 9999 counts which essentially means it has very good resolution.  For Vbe matching, it has a resolution of 1 uV.
It even got a good review from EEVblog.  ( the guy really doesn't like cheap equipment, but he liked this meter )
The digits are nice and big.  It's got a backlight.  And it comes with a nice set of leads and some extra stuff.
I wouldn't recommend it for high voltage work, but it's perfect for hobbyist work like pedal building. 
It also has a frequency meter that goes up in to the Mhz range so I can use it to calibrate some of the trickier builds.
All You Need Is Love

jimilee

W00t nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Adam_DIY

I need a new dmm my current one won't check diodes properly for some reason.  I'll take a look at one of these.

sonnyboy27

and that just got added to my amazon list. Thanks for sharing :)

blearyeyes

Nice one. Seems able to do the trick.